• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there such a thing as incontinence pants for rabbits?

I have used newborn baby nappies on one rabbit in the past. But that was only when he had free range time and was more for mucus than incontinence. I changed it every 2 hours ( if he hadn't pulled it off first).

Washable nappies for dogs and cats just do not work on an active rabbit.

TBH I would recommend just keeping the fur trimmed, a barrier cream and regular bathing :)

I wash him twice daily and use barrier cream. But his belly is wet, and down the inside of his legs and a couple of inches up his back.:( His skin is permenantly wet. I just dont understand how he gets so wet:(:(
I wish he would lie on his back with his legs up to let the air in to dry his skin:lol:
He was completley shaved a few weeks ago so he dosnt have much fur down there.
I just want him to be dry:cry:

Hes a little boy.If you dont lay down a little boys willy in a nappy he will tiddle upwards, hence all over tummy.
Was watching a video on here the other day of a bunny in a pair of wheels...she wore a nappy.http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=240601

There y' go.xxx

Perhaps put extra stuff in the front of the nappy where his willy goes???To soak it up?? I dont know...I feel it would need to be changed VERY frequently...flies could get in...:(:shock:

Last edited:
I wash him twice daily and use barrier cream. But his belly is wet, and down the inside of his legs and a couple of inches up his back.:( His skin is permenantly wet. I just dont understand how he gets so wet:(:(
I wish he would lie on his back with his legs up to let the air in to dry his skin:lol:
He was completley shaved a few weeks ago so he dosnt have much fur down there.
I just want him to be dry:cry:

What is he bedded on? I would use vet bed and change regularly through out the day.

Is your bunny mobile? if so nappies just don;t stay on well as they start to hop. Obviously paralysed bunnies don't have this problem

Hes a little boy.If you dont lay down a little boys willy in a nappy he will tiddle upwards, hence all over tummy.
Was watching a video on here the other day of a bunny in a pair of wheels...she wore a nappy.http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=240601

There y' go.xxx

Perhaps put extra stuff in the front of the nappy where his willy goes???To soak it up?? I dont know...I feel it would need to be changed VERY frequently...flies could get in...:(:shock:

I was trying to find that link for ages then. Poor bunny :(

My Shaun wore a nappy when he was paralysed. Stopped him from sitting in it all, easier to clean (just put a new nappy on instead of having an endless supply of towls) and also gave him a little support as he got a bit better the nappy helped him sit up.
Will have a look for a pic of him, I couldnt find newborn nappy's so he had to make do with bigger ones:lol:

Uncle is an able bodied free ranging house bun so he is not actualy bedded on any thing. He has various litter boxes throughout the house. In some of these he has towels, in another he has woodshavings with hay over the top. He also has vetbed that he likes to wee on, i have a puppy training pad underneath these to protect the carpet.
I am going to try and get tea-bag bedding to put in his litter tray to see if this will sort off wipe him dry like loo roll:lol: but this may not work unless he is forced to stay on it, but i couldnt bear to put him in a cage just to make him sit on the paper bedding. But i am so worried about his skin, i cant think of how to keep it dry.

Back