• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wild bun in garden

NickieM

Warren Veteran
For the last couple of days we have had a wild bun visiting the garden.

Wolfie has been beside himself and went into maniac killer / protector mode. Gloria is probably more psychotic than him, but Wolfs want to be the dominant bun and if Glo comes over will nip her and chase her away. She sits all fluffed up and radiating aggression at the intruder. When she rushes over her tail is well up and she is really cross.

The wildie has hopped up and down the fence, done lots of poos and chinned everything in sight. It also eats the grass on the outside of the fence right in front of Wolfie's face. Bit of a cheek that! It even had a good old groom too.

Felix is more laid back about it all but Wolfie is a bundle of nervous anger. He is alleviating this by digging frantically which is probably giving him something to do.

All the buns are vaccinated and the wildie can't get into their compound (it would probably regret doing so very quickly) so it is interesting to see how they react. If it hangs around too much, I'll have to chase it, but think it is probably something that will disappear soon.

I've had a wildie in my garden since April and it's actually only the wildie that's shown any aggression. Even my Barley, who's a right pain for referred aggression, will ignore it. I wonder if it's because it was a very tiny baby when it first arrived and wasn't a threat. As it's grown, they haven't reacted because they are used to it?!

Wildie, on the other hand, seems to have reached the hormonal stage and letting my buns out to free range is becoming a bit tricky. I need four pairs of eyes! :roll::lol:

Back