• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit run covers

Bunsterz

Warren Scout
Hi, just wondering what you all use as covers when its raining? Im not sure whats best to use that will keep them dry in all weather, i have one rabbit that has a long term respiratory disease and its essential i keep him dry, he is a house bunny but loooves going in his run outusde :)

I use tarpaulins. You can get them very cheapy from Homebase. A 9' x 5' one is about £3. They do a more heavy duty one which is more expensive but I find the cheaper ones fine.:wave:

On sunny days I put huge bits of cardboard over the runs (from boxes the hutches/runs came in) and for the winter we have some plastic sheet stuff, that I think I'll attach with cable ties or something so it's there all winter, cos it'll probably rain a lot!

hardboard

Our run has a roof made from exterior plywood. It keeps most of the rain off, and provides shade too. Of course slanty rain can still get in on the side, but there's always somewhere rain-free depending which way the wind is blowing.

Corrugated plastic sheets, they come in sizes of about 6ft x 2ft. You can use a fence post on one end so that it gives you a slope. You can either screw it down or place bricks on top to hold it secure.

I have plastic sheeting attached to a piece of wood. It'a weighted down with bricks at the back and when pulled down covers the front and back. Squeezing under it at feeding times is tricky. I might by a posh one for the winter. :wave:

Hutch covers from the ebay man

They are very good, he will do custom sizes to fit any hutch or run. Here is Trip and Scarletts

DSC02050.jpg

it keeps out all wind and rain, and is thermal for the winter. I also have them for my other hutch and run and will never mess about with sheets and stuff again now. The best part is they can't blow away :lol:

Sorry just seen your after a cover for a run not a hutch :oops:

Here is the cover from the same place I have for my run

DSC01584.jpg

I have sat inside of there in the middle of a full on storm and stayed perfectly dry and sheltered from the wind :) Only thing is I did find I needed to put a couple of sheets of corrugated plastic on the roof of the run to stop rain pooling at the top because I was scared it would start dripping through :)

I use tarpuline, shower curtains, and i think that those run covers are excellent! I'll be in touch with the ebay man- do you have a link sillyrabbit?

Ambience xxxxxxx

:wave:
Hutch covers from the ebay man

They are very good, he will do custom sizes to fit any hutch or run. Here is Trip and Scarletts

DSC02050.jpg

it keeps out all wind and rain, and is thermal for the winter. I also have them for my other hutch and run and will never mess about with sheets and stuff again now. The best part is they can't blow away :lol:

they look really good :wave:

Back