• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed contents - ideas please?

MellyRabiit

Alpha Buck
I am soon getting a shed for my buns (as long as the bonding goes well).

please could I have ideas for what to put in it?

Please share the link/state which shop and how much you paid. Thanks :)

Well I don't have a shed but mine live in my room with me which is kinda like a shed. :lol:

Mine have a dog crate as a base with their litter boxes in. Sorry I don't have links. They don't have a lot of toys cos they don't play with toys and I just end up having to pick them up all the time to tidy up but I do have some log things like the lounging logs on The Hay Experts - only I got them locally. They also have a large treat ball for treat hay that hangs above their litter boxes. Oh, and some of those wooden chew things hanging on their crate but they tend to ignore those in favour of the log things cos the log things have tasty bark on. And they have a tunnel - the plastic ones are better than the fabric ones I've found cos the plastic ones can more easily be cleaned if they wee in them.

mine has a little hutch to hide in (well, they never go in it, :lol: thier fave thing to do tho is sit on the roof.
They have a tunnel, pineapple chew, apple brach, gnaw/treat toy, rattle ball

IMG_7942.jpg

IMG_7946.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

Thank you - that looks great :)

Cant wait to set mine up..

Do you find it hard work to clean, im thinking of getting lino flooring in mine?

This pretty much shows the inside of my shed, it's fairly basic but functional. This was when it was pretty new, all painted since and prob a few more play things in there...

16.jpg

Plastic footstools are good. Only about £3/4 from about anywhere Tesco, Wilkinsons. Bunnies love jumping on them and going in and out underneath. Old fruit boxes, free from your supermarket- cut holes on each side(my bunnies' favouirte).:wave:

Thank you - that looks great :)

Cant wait to set mine up..

Do you find it hard work to clean, im thinking of getting lino flooring in mine?

It has lino on the floor, but I also bed it down with a layer of megazorb and hay as my lot arnt litter trained. But I know alot of people on here had litter trained there rabbits and just have litter trays in teh corner and the lino bare.
Cleaning out isnt too bad, I just jump in an shovel it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip9IcoHLMJI

That's the boys' shed. I would definately recommend a 'base' such as a hutch, cage or dog crate, that's lined with something comfy. You can pop their food bowl here too (so long as they aren't to terratorial) although scatter feeding dry food is a great way to keep them busy.

A chair is invaluable, but make sure it's an old one that's fairly bunny-proof, or at least one you don't mind getting chewed.

A storage chest like the one in my vid is really useful for keeping woodshavings/straw/hay/food etc in, to keep the shed looking tidy and to stop the buns (and any suprise visitors!) from chewing through the bags. You can also store some of their toys in their so you can rotate them, to keep things interesting.

Do you have an electricity source you can use? A heater and a light are great in the winter.

Don't forget a bin! One big enough to last a week is best.

Um, can't think of anything else at the mo, I'll have a think for you!

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip9IcoHLMJI

That's the boys' shed. I would definately recommend a 'base' such as a hutch, cage or dog crate, that's lined with something comfy. You can pop their food bowl here too (so long as they aren't to terratorial) although scatter feeding dry food is a great way to keep them busy.

A chair is invaluable, but make sure it's an old one that's fairly bunny-proof, or at least one you don't mind getting chewed.

A storage chest like the one in my vid is really useful for keeping woodshavings/straw/hay/food etc in, to keep the shed looking tidy and to stop the buns (and any suprise visitors!) from chewing through the bags. You can also store some of their toys in their so you can rotate them, to keep things interesting.

Do you have an electricity source you can use? A heater and a light are great in the winter.

Don't forget a bin! One big enough to last a week is best.

Um, can't think of anything else at the mo, I'll have a think for you!

That is perfect thank you!!

Lots of food for thought - out of interest - how big is your shed?

a rabbit hutch for snuggling in. doesnt need to be terribly good quality as it will be sheltred from the weather (amazing animal accesories). green bendy rabbit tunnel (p@h), veg ball,

I added in shelves (well my dad did:p) and built in a hiding area which I put straw in, heres a piccy:D
2lizdao.jpg

This was before bunnies moved in so very clean:D Dosen't look like that anymore:lol:

I have a room with a view in my playhouse and they live on it. Best thing I bought. Haven't seen any around for a while though.

I added in shelves (well my dad did:p) and built in a hiding area which I put straw in, heres a piccy:D
2lizdao.jpg

This was before bunnies moved in so very clean:D Dosen't look like that anymore:lol:

I want to redo my sheds to make them look as nice as this :lol:

Back