• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oooooh I have to catch ma bunnehs soon!!

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
VHD vaccination time!! I have to work myself up to it for about a week. They HATE being handled!! Benson's not so bad - I put the carrier down, open the door and he thinks to himself "Oooh an open door, how exciting, must hop in and investigate!" Lola sees an open door and thinks "Who opened that door and why and what are they going to do once I go through it?" Then she runs away and it all goes downhill form there!!

I've got Benny in, close door and go after Lola, I open the door, try to put her in with Benny and he scoots out. He'll come back, because he's Benson and that what he does, I open the door for him to investigate..... Goodbye Lola!! :shock: She runs rings around me and then disappears up her green tunnel and sits in the middle of it where she knows I can't get her. I've tried getting them in the kitchen & cornering Lola and that has worked the best but I hate doing it as it terrifies her and she seems to sense I'm up to something so sometimes wont enter the kitchen!! How do bunnies know there's something up?!

Oh I'm stressing already. Any handy hints?? Butterfly net? :roll:

No help i'm afraid, mine are due both their jabs at then end of the month so that'll be twice in a fortnight the neighbours will be p'ing themselves laughing watching me trying to get the wriggly little blinkers into their carrier, oh the shame :oops::oops: it took twoof us half an hour and blood was drawn (mine not theirs :shock:) before i could get the pair of them in at the same time, i can't wait ...:?

No help i'm afraid, mine are due both their jabs at then end of the month so that'll be twice in a fortnight the neighbours will be p'ing themselves laughing watching me trying to get the wriggly little blinkers into their carrier, oh the shame :oops::oops: it took twoof us half an hour and blood was drawn (mine not theirs :shock:) before i could get the pair of them in at the same time, i can't wait ...:?

Feelin your pain! Vibes to each other eh?:lol:

My friend is having the same situation with her buns. I do think they can read minds. Most of mine are much easier to handle but they magically avoid me on vet days, even though i try not to act diffirerently. Maybe they see through it like my parents used to when i thought i was doing a great job of pretending i hadnt been drinking when i had been:lol:

Good luck! :wave: My rabbit hates being handled too. Bum checks are impossible, partly because his legs are so furry its hard to find his bits and partly because he considers it none of my business to be looking! :lol::lol: He's not bad about the carrier - has been in it every day to get from hutch to run since I broke my arm!

It can be a nightmare, can't it?

I sometimes find putting a few pellets or some parsley in the carrier to tempt them in helps, but quite often they don't fall for that either! :roll: :lol:

I have four buns and four carriers - we get one bun in each carrier, then we put each bun's carrier touching face to face opposite their partners carrier, ease the doors out, and the nosiest bun will hope into the quieter buns carrier, slide the door back in and hey presto! 2 buns in one carrier!!!! (thank goodness for car boot sales where you can get cheap good quality carriers!!!)

I find it impossible to keep one in the carrier whilst trying to get the other in as well if I don't do it this way.

I can quite easily pick mine up but as they come running for the crunchies box sometimes I just open the top and shake the box inside the carrier. Then give them a crunchie once the door's shut.

Good luck. Honey loves her carrier so much I put it down on the ground and she gets straight in :? The others aren't so keen though.

Mine all happily hop into the carrier, but it's getting the second one in whilst keeping the first one in that's the problem :lol:

If I leave my carrier out they pee and poo in it. :roll: Oddly they don't when we go to the vets or when in their run on the grass.

Mine are usually nosey enough to hop in but if they're being awkward I'll throw some rosemary at the back - food will always tempt them in!

I have four buns and four carriers - we get one bun in each carrier, then we put each bun's carrier touching face to face opposite their partners carrier, ease the doors out, and the nosiest bun will hope into the quieter buns carrier, slide the door back in and hey presto! 2 buns in one carrier!!!! (thank goodness for car boot sales where you can get cheap good quality carriers!!!)

I find it impossible to keep one in the carrier whilst trying to get the other in as well if I don't do it this way.

This is what I was going to suggest you need another carrier :lol:

Cos I have one of those top opening ones where the sides swing back I can swing back one side, put one in, close the top but not lock it, put another one in, close it, put in the third and then the fourth and then close and lock it. I would NEVER ever be able to get all four in without the top like that!

My two must actually be quite good about something... It's never too hard to get them in the carrier, but they don't like it very much.

The cats, on the other hand are another matter :shock::shock: They're a nightmare!

I find trail of food works wonders, however, last weekend when I had to get A&B in their carrier I had a nightmare.

I opened the hutch to get Archie and he went in the carrier fine. Meanwhile though Blanche decided to hop out of their hutch and go for a run in the garden so I quickly put the door on to the carrier with Archie in and ran out after her. 30seconds later I hear metal clanging and turn round to see that Archie has headbutted his way out of the carrier and is now walking across the kitchen table. :roll: I ran back in to secure him, then realised that my dad had left the side gate open and Blanche was off to investigate the highly unsafe bunny area. Ran back outside to stop her in her tracks and the carrier door with Archie in still wasn't on properly, he headbutts out again ... It was a nightmare! :roll:

Back