• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbiting On - Stinky!!

Rosie Rabbit

Mama Doe
Does anyone else find that Rabbiting On mag always has a really strong chemical smell? :?

I'm quite sensitive to strong smells, so it might just be me, but I always find it really stinky! Makes me want to wash my hands after touching it. :rabbit2:

I have always loved the smell of new magazines and paper back books, ( i bury my face into them :oops:)
i think the smell has some sort of association because i have always loved reading, though i rarely get time now:(

I haven't subscribed this year, but I used to find that too. I hate that awful strong smell to some magazines.

:wave: Hmmm, most people don't know what I mean then! :oops: :lol:

Sarah, I'm glad you said that, or I'd have felt really silly posting this! :lol:

I guess it must be because I have a really sensitive sense of smell. :? I don't mind a 'normal' magazine smell, I just usually find RO really chemically.

I've just freshly opened mine and sniffed it and it smells fine to me :lol:

I think you're probably just highly sensitive to smells like Sarah - I seem to recall that we've had a conversation in the past about what Sarah considers to be the high stinkiness of Virkon, whereas I can't smell it at all :lol:

I think you're probably just highly sensitive to smells like Sarah - I seem to recall that we've had a conversation in the past about what Sarah considers to be the high stinkiness of Virkon, whereas I can't smell it at all :lol:

Bleurgh, Virkon!!! :shock:

Me and Helen are sensitive souls! ;)

Thank you kindly for sniffing your copy of Rabbiting On in the interests of my research. :lol:

On further olfactory examination, I have discovered that the cover is relatively un-stinky; it's the inside pages which seem to pong the most. :shock:

SarahP said:
I am a human bloodhound - everything smells really strong to me!
Yep, I obviously have the nose of a bloodhound as well! And some days I have the eyes of one too ...

Thank you kindly for sniffing your copy of Rabbiting On in the interests of my research. :lol:

You're very welcome :lol:

In the continuing interests of this research, I have now opened it up and sniffed the pages inside. You're quite right, there is indeed an interesting odour in there, although admittedly I could only smell it when my nose was literally about an inch from the page :lol:

Hope that helps...

Back