• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Piggies New Pad! (AKA 'The Two Ronnies')

Hanlou

Mama Doe
Well since the (( Bunnies moved outside)) I've had a move round in the pet room. This has meant that we've been able to finally fit the gerbils' tank in there instead of them being at the top of the stairs and we've also been able to set up a permanent small animal correx playpen.

I decided after some debating with myself to try using the bunnies' disused dog crate as a piggy cage - the main reason being that Ned-the-Spiny-Mouse lives on top of the crate and it's handy to store things on top. I was concerned about the wide bar spacing though and didn't want them to have less space than they'd had in their previous large C&C cage. Sooo I used Correx to make the dog crate bar spacing safe and added a large 'porch' with non-slip Vetbed on (there's Correx underneath it to protect the laminate). I plan to replace the multi-coloured bars with C&C grids when I finally get round to buying some cable ties! :p The 'porch' is a permanent addition - they have access to it all the time.

And I may or may not remove the door to the dog crate - am not sure yet - I was worried about safety but it doesn't seem to bother them as they just walk underneath it....... oh and they don't use the Fiddlestix - they just 'hop' over the entrance to the dog crate! :lol: I may still get a larger one though for my own peace of mind.

Oh and apologies for the colour clashes lol. I've got tons of fleece that I need to cut up so I can have two contrasting fleeces rather than the rather mind-boggling matching fleece and accessories. I've ordered a hay rack too but it's not arrived yet. :?

But anyway! Here it is:

P1080388.jpg

P1080389.jpg

P1080391.jpg

P1080390.jpg

P1080399.jpg

P1080396.jpg

P1080398.jpg

I think Ronnies pretty relaxed in it...

P1080407.jpg

Wowzers that looks fab!!!! Lucky, lucky Ronnies :D :love:

makes me want piggies now!!!! :oops: :lol:

Last edited:
Thank you! These two boys do love to 'chill out' bless 'em. They are more 'talkative' than ever now as it's easier to interact with them. :D xx

WOW that is terrific I love it, have you had a look at the shelf tutorial on here for a dog crate ? they could have anther level then :D Love the fleece, looks lovely and bright and cosy :)

I have 2 spare puppy crates and would love to put both my piggies in one but dont they need a divider or something to bed in? thats why i havent used mine yet. xxx

Excellent! I love the pic of the piggy lying down showing his little bare foot! I love seeing them lie down properly like that with their little feet to the side!!:love::love:

Thank you! These two boys do love to 'chill out' bless 'em. They are more 'talkative' than ever now as it's easier to interact with them. :D xx

more talkative :shock::shock::shock:
im guessing not a minutes silence then :lol:

love the set up :)

Aaaaaaw hello guys, I see mummy and daddy have been spoiling you again:D Fantastic set up for them

P.S these are the 2 most vocal piggies I've ever known - you dont need an alarm clock with these 2:lol:

Back