• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do any rescues have 6yrs or over female? UD - I has Bunny....

I'm taking my very recently widowed and very lonely and depressed 7 year old bunny BamBam to a rescue near home tomorow to see if theres a suitable partner for him (not to "get rid" of him like my boyfriend first thought :shock::shock:) The oldest one they have is only 3 or 4 and I just have this thought stuck in my head that he needs an older rabbit to be with. Am I being being stupid - does it really matter how old she is??

Anyway - If theres no bun suitable, I was wondering whether any rescues here had any older females suitable for bonding?

Sorry to post about him again, he's just so sad :(

Last edited:
Would you consider more than 1 elderly girlie for him? I think Alice at Windwhistle warren posted the other day about 2 6 year old does (as a pair) that she is looking for a rescue space/home for :(

Hoping your little old fella can find a suitable girlie soon :love:

Last edited:
I don't think that age should be a major barrier, although I do think that some older buns would not tolerate a much younger rabbit running round like a mad thing, if they themselves are are quite laid back and snoozing a lot of the time like my oldies.

I have an older lady here (anywhere from 6-10) vet reckons she's about 8 based on her condition and how she looks and we know she's atleast 6, and she has come alive since we got her spayed a few weeks ago when she came into rescue. She'd never had a vet trip in her life before for anything.

She's booked to meet a 9 1/2 year old lad next week we hope. If it doesn't work during bonding out she will be looking for a home.

The nine year old boys previous wife was 6 and she died recently so I don't think that the age is the most important thing, just compatibility.

Bunnyaddict - I would consider 2 females.. I'm pretty certain BamBam wouldn't mind. Not sure his hutch is big enough tho. I think its 5' x 3' downstairs 4' x 3' upstairs and his run i think about 5' 3'? Think I need to get a tape measure out!

The Duchess - should anything fall through with your oldie girl or if you hear of any others could you let me know please? As I'm M3 junction 6 so not too far from you.

He's usually very lively and playful and can still binky VERY well... it's just since Bubbles left him he's barely moving.

Bunnyaddict - I would consider 2 females.. I'm pretty certain BamBam wouldn't mind. Not sure his hutch is big enough tho. I think its 5' x 3' downstairs 4' x 3' upstairs and his run i think about 5' 3'? Think I need to get a tape measure out!

The Duchess - should anything fall through with your oldie girl or if you hear of any others could you let me know please? As I'm M3 junction 6 so not too far from you.

He's usually very lively and playful and can still binky VERY well... it's just since Bubbles left him he's barely moving.

Hi,

The does have been rehomed by their previous owner. I am taking in some more older buns from her tomorrow, but they are not neutered yet. Not quite sure what is coming in actually!

Alice

Hi everyone,

I went along to the rescue at 10am this morning and we put BamBam with a black and white dwarf lop. They actually got on really well and after 2 hours the lady at the rescue let me bring her straight home, all she wanted was a picture of the accomodation, so BamBam and bunny are currently carrying on with "bonding" Bunny has no name tho so may need some help with that!! They are in his hutch right now and you'd think they had been together for years.

Speed dating for rabbits! Hopefully they stay getting on :? :?

:D That is fantastic news and so lucky they have got on straight away.

I was about to say age doesn't matter - I have a 7 year old male, 5 year old female and I am currently trying to bond them with a 2 year old female who we have acquired :roll:

Am currently charging camera batteries!

I had this plan in my head to adopt an older rabbit, and I appear to have come home with a 3 year old!! :oops::oops: She just seems "right" for him.

Back