• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why does everting seem to happen to the same unlucky bunny??

wiggie

Alpha Buck
Sorry need to vent! Paula is 3 years old, has dental disease but has not needed a dental since we got her yet a few months ago. She has arthritis (we think as she has not had an X-ray yet) and has been on metatcam twice daily for about 4 months now. her mobility is now great but she is still not keen on being handled around her back end. She developed mites 3 weeks ago and is being treated for this. Now she has started drinking and peeing loads and so had a blood test yesterday to test renal and liver function. ???due to metacam maybe???
Poor girl - why does it all happen to the same bunny!

maybe the immune system is just so low shes more prone to illness???

poor little angel sending loads of love and vibes to her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Metacam is pretty hard on the kidneys in rats, so I would assume that would be the same in rabbits? I use calpol as a metacam alternative for my rats, but I dont think that would be suitable for a rabbit!

Your poor bunny. It's good that she's not needed a dental though. And mites tend to get out of control when immune systems are low, so I think that's sort of a symptom of the other things rather than a seperate issue.

I hope you're able to find a solution for her. Vibes for you and your bunny

xxx

Thanks guys. I know really that one thing leads to another with buns as they get run down. fingers crossed that she improves!

Back