• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can i buy megazorb?

rabbitapril

Mama Doe
:wave:I want to buy it on line.
What is it made with? Is it very absorbent?
I have a bunny with incontinent problems and i wondred if i used this in his litter tray if it might sort of wipe him dry.:)

Hi, you are quite close to me (well, i'm in Northumberland) :wave:
Not sure about online because you'll pay loads for postage but you can probably get it from Horseworld down at Lamesley. I get mine from Farmway but most horsy suppliers will have it.
Funny stuff and I wouldn't have my horse on it but good for my outdoor buns

It's like rolled up bobbles of cardboard but very soft, it's made from wood pulp i think. You can get it off the Hay Experts and the p&p is about £4.50ish but it's the same p&p no matter how much you order so if you were getting other stuff at the same time it works out quite economical or holidayhutch on here runs animal magiv pet supplies and she does a discount on yuor first order for RU'ers, I've already done my shopping list on there ready for pay day :)

Thanks,:D I am only 5minits away from horseworld at Lamsley, i will go there tomorrow. I had't thought about postage, it would be expensive.

Does Megazorb only come in the huge sacks? Because it was a killer lugging that home from work last time! Is there anywhere that sells it in smaller quantities?

I'd guess it only comes in the big sacks because it was originally made as horse bedding and you wouldn't want to have to buy 50 little bags to do a stable with. :D
nobody nearby to share with?
But if you order it from some places they will deliver for you.

I can only get stuff delivered to work as I'm not home in the daytime during the week, which means I then have to lug it home down the road, on the bus and then up another road again!

I thought I was going to have to do that last time but in the end I just thought sod it, I'll just get it over with! I took it home on a Friday and my arms still ached on the Monday!

I can only get stuff delivered to work as I'm not home in the daytime during the week, which means I then have to lug it home down the road, on the bus and then up another road again!

I think the hay experts will leave in in a porch or something. I've had them do that before... I don't imagine many people would steal a bag of megazorb :lol:

There's a place called Riders North in Shiremoor that does it but its a bit of a drive from you April, just over the metro bridge past the Sainsburys, the number is 01912531114. They also do a pellets like Burgess and Allen and Page and Readigrass and when I was in there last I was contemplating the huge bags of dried mint and nettle they do for horses and wondering if I could use it for the buns!!

That Horse World place isn;t on the list of megazorb suppliers but they could easily order it in for you if they do equine stuff

I order it from the Hay Experts. Postage obviously adds an extra cost on that you wouldn't get buying it from a farm but The Hay Experts sell Megazorb for £7 something a bag and everywhere else I've seen to online, it's about £10 a sack, so the extra postage is kind of balanced out. :)

Back