• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding Question

FifiMac

Young Bun
I've noticed from pics that some of you use fleecies, blankets and towels, etc. in the bedroom area rather than hay or straw. Could you tell me what kind of material it is and how come your buns don't chew or consume it? I'm just using hay in three litter trays at moment, 1 upstairs, just outside the sleeping area and 2 downstairs in corners. I have a few toys in the permanently attached run and this is where I put their dry food, treats and evening greens down each day, as long as it's dry. (If it's raining, I put the food inside the hutch).

Now the weather is turning a bit cooler :roll: I'm thinking of stocking up the sleeping area with hay again but this does make the buns use the bed as their toilet, so I'd like to try a different material. My buns are brilliant at only using the three litter trays for wees and poops so everything stays spick and span and is a doddle to keep clean :D. I'd like to keep it that way.

Any suggestions?? :wave:

sorry can't help, I posted a similar question earlier today about when to start filling the bedroom up with bedding. is it indoor buns who have fleeces and blankets, or outdoor buns aswell? I'd worry that they got a nail caught in it, but then I love to worry! :lol:

I couldn't put fleeces and blankets in with mine, she'd eat it! Although, she was quite happy running about the bed with no chewing (just lots of pooing)

I use a fleece throw from asda :D

It doesnt get chewed or anything i also have a piece of profleece in the buns dog bed.

Not really sure what to do when it gets really cold though... might be inventive with an old duvet :lol:

Do you think indoor buns are a bit posher? :lol: I love the image of our outdoor buns not being allowed fleecies or blankies :lol: because they are too rough or "not the right sort" :lol:

I'm not sure about 'posher' :lol: when i showed my OH pics of buns on the rescue website he picked out our 2 because he said they look like 'posh rabbits' (they are black rexes). He calls my horse a 'posh pony' because he is a thoroughbred.
Actually they are big black hooligans, although so are most of the indoor buns judging from the posts on here!
I've got some vet bed I could use, but they do use the bedroom as a toilet and they threw the litter tray out so they just have a litter tray downstairs now.

Back