PDA

View Full Version : Been to the vets today...

fluffiebunnie
13-08-2010, 02:10 PM
with three bunnies :lol:

Twinkle has finally been signed off from her stasis/ear problems. She is maintaining weight at a lower correct weight of 1.7kg. She now has no mucky bum which I think is because she is not so fat!!!

Pickle and Pootle had their myxi jabs and their weights are 2.02kg for Pickle and 2.07kg for Pootle... both down a bit now that I am feeding less pellets and a better diet.

So all in all a good bunny vet trip, although Pootle did struggle really badly with her vaccincation.. she was struggling whilst the needle was in.. it really looked bad :(

Blackberry & Co
13-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Glad you all survived the trip :wave:

fluffiebunnie
13-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Yes Pickle and Pootle got over it pretty quickly. Twinkle went on her own and Sparkle has given her a bit of a rough time since she got back smelling all strange. She also had a bit of a messy bum - think it was the stress of the trip :(

Blackberry & Co
13-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Yes Pickle and Pootle got over it pretty quickly. Twinkle went on her own and Sparkle has given her a bit of a rough time since she got back smelling all strange. She also had a bit of a messy bum - think it was the stress of the trip :(

Aw, poor buns. I prefer taking them in pairs if I can, but Butters hates the travelling, so if Blackie goes Butters stays at home. Then when I get Blackie home I rub him over with a piece of fleece out of their hutch and Butters accepts him just fine.

JLG
13-08-2010, 02:23 PM
It's nice to have a good vet trip - bet you're glad that's all over with for a while :D

susie bun
13-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Glad the trip was not too stressful. :) How did you manage three carriers? I only have one bunny so he gets my undivided attention (I'm not the driver, I hasten to add!). :wave:

fluffiebunnie
13-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Glad the trip was not too stressful. :) How did you manage three carriers? I only have one bunny so he gets my undivided attention (I'm not the driver, I hasten to add!). :wave:

Two bunnies in one carrier as they are bonded, and Twinkle in the other. Also had my 16 year old daughter there to help!

fluffiebunnie
13-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Aw, poor buns. I prefer taking them in pairs if I can, but Butters hates the travelling, so if Blackie goes Butters stays at home. Then when I get Blackie home I rub him over with a piece of fleece out of their hutch and Butters accepts him just fine.

I prefer taking them in pairs but Sparkle turns into a rabid dog in a carrier so I am scared Twinkle will get stampeded!!! I will remember the fleece trick for next time ;)