• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Been to the vets today...

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
with three bunnies :lol:

Twinkle has finally been signed off from her stasis/ear problems. She is maintaining weight at a lower correct weight of 1.7kg. She now has no mucky bum which I think is because she is not so fat!!!

Pickle and Pootle had their myxi jabs and their weights are 2.02kg for Pickle and 2.07kg for Pootle... both down a bit now that I am feeding less pellets and a better diet.

So all in all a good bunny vet trip, although Pootle did struggle really badly with her vaccincation.. she was struggling whilst the needle was in.. it really looked bad :(

Yes Pickle and Pootle got over it pretty quickly. Twinkle went on her own and Sparkle has given her a bit of a rough time since she got back smelling all strange. She also had a bit of a messy bum - think it was the stress of the trip :(

Yes Pickle and Pootle got over it pretty quickly. Twinkle went on her own and Sparkle has given her a bit of a rough time since she got back smelling all strange. She also had a bit of a messy bum - think it was the stress of the trip :(

Aw, poor buns. I prefer taking them in pairs if I can, but Butters hates the travelling, so if Blackie goes Butters stays at home. Then when I get Blackie home I rub him over with a piece of fleece out of their hutch and Butters accepts him just fine.

Glad the trip was not too stressful. :) How did you manage three carriers? I only have one bunny so he gets my undivided attention (I'm not the driver, I hasten to add!). :wave:

Glad the trip was not too stressful. :) How did you manage three carriers? I only have one bunny so he gets my undivided attention (I'm not the driver, I hasten to add!). :wave:

Two bunnies in one carrier as they are bonded, and Twinkle in the other. Also had my 16 year old daughter there to help!

Aw, poor buns. I prefer taking them in pairs if I can, but Butters hates the travelling, so if Blackie goes Butters stays at home. Then when I get Blackie home I rub him over with a piece of fleece out of their hutch and Butters accepts him just fine.

I prefer taking them in pairs but Sparkle turns into a rabid dog in a carrier so I am scared Twinkle will get stampeded!!! I will remember the fleece trick for next time ;)

Back