• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What age is classed as adult in a bun?

Bitzy

Mama Doe
Or does it depend on breed?

I'm just wondering at what age Dizzi and Rascal will be classed as adults??

Dizzi was weighed y'day and is 1.6kg .....any idea how big dwarf lops end up?? (just wondering how much more growing they have to do).

Thanks, Jo x

Smaller rabbit's I'd say about 6 months, when they should be fully grown. Bigger rabbits (giants) about 15 months :)

I think about a 5 months ish for a dwarf lop:? I'm not an expert but I think dwarf lops grow to aroun 2kg, i'm not exactly sure:? Sorry I wasn't much help.

Im not sure when theyre classed as adults but i think they keep growing and filling out until theyre about 2yrs. I could be wrong though, cant remember where i got that from now :?

I think Dwarf lops can be anything up to about 2.5kg. Willow (About 3) is about 2.3kg and seems huge to me in comparison to the rest of my buns, not just weight wise but length as she's quite long. Bracken is a year old but is only about half Willows size.

pearl was 6 months when i adopted her... looking back on pics she had a real baby face when she first came home.

i would say she was about a year when she looked adult like :love:

I was wondering the same about my two, so thanks for asking! I hope they don't get too much bigger as they're heavy enough to carry to the vat as it is!

Back