• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trio plans update

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
After much soul searching and advice from Cheryl (SGPrescue), I have reluctantly decided not to pursue the adoption of Scarlett in Essex:

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=19588

The reasons being, I did not feel comfortable with the logistics and bonding process that this would have involved with the distances we'd have to travel and my current commitments. I have informed the rescue and offered to send them a small donation to make up for wasting their time. :oops::(

I've been trying to get through to Martlesham to pursue the possibility of adopting one of the buns Sky-O posted about:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=238739&highlight=clicky+cuteness

Finally got hold of someone today and we'll be going to take a look tomorrow. They are not ready yet, but should be soon, and I've not been homechecked yet so we'll see where this leads. :D Wish me luck!!

All the best

Jo

PS. Please please can someone adopt Scarlett, she deserves a good home too!!! :love::love:

Ohh! Good luck! I saw those babies when they were first posted and fell in love with the one with the darkest markings :love:

I hope you'll find one you love and that everything will go smoothly for you. :wave:

Thanks! We'll see what happens. It'll only really work out if I can get them all settled in together before I go away in October. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed!

Thanks!

Right we've just got back. Filled in relevant paperwork and have a home check pending. Tom seemed quite positive but there are still a few hurdles. Firstly, Like the other Widget we looked at, this rescue advised us against a two buck one doe trio and seems reluctant to give it a go. We were hoping for one of the solid blues, but out of the lionhead litter they have, only one is a doe, but he couldn't tell me which one yet:( and doesn't think its either of the blues.

The babies are about 8 weeks old and due to age, will go unneutered/speyed with a voucher for a vet. As we live in Norwich, this might not cover the whole cost, not a major problem, and speying would have to be done at around 5 months (mind you, Widget was speyed around 3 1/2 to 4 months at a guess).

More to the point, he suggested if they all got on that we could put them all together before speying/neutering, since mine are already done. But we'll need accommodation for the single bun if it didn't work out once he/she matures and they have to be kept seperate for a time.

Presently I only have a 4ft hutch which was Gasket and Tappet's and no spare run. We could build a run though so that wouldn't be a major hurdle, except that I doubt it would Meet their minimum specifications.:? Even the new 8ft by 4 ft dog kennel which they have the full run of all daydoesn't meet Martlesham RSPCA's minimum recommeded space of 50 sq ft!!! We explained that is more than we have, although we do have split levels which increases the available space a bit and I passed the last home check for PACT so hopefully these measurements aren't set in stone.:)

Another option is Treacle, an adult female lionhead who was abandoned at the home of one of the staff in a cardboard box. She's a seal point and is very pretty.:love::love::love:

Back