• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis Bunny Mums *waves*

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
have you found being exceptionally strict with the diet has helped your buns?

Alvin is going strong 5 months since his last episode and im pretty much convinced that using a few pellets here and there to check he was still eating was probably the worst thing i ever did with him :oops:

i never give fruit anymore and they only get one fenugreek crunchy each a day.

i feel really mean but it seems to work for Alvin. :D:D:D

have you found being exceptionally strict with the diet has helped your buns?

Alvin is going strong 5 months since his last episode and im pretty much convinced that using a few pellets here and there to check he was still eating was probably the worst thing i ever did with him :oops:

i never give fruit anymore and they only get one fenugreek crunchy each a day.

i feel really mean but it seems to work for Alvin. :D:D:D

Definitely :wave:

Yep! Mine get no fruit now, as it upsets Clo too much. They only had tiny bits before. But I can't give it to the others without giving Clo some, so they all stay off it.

They have their brambles every day now too.

Dan & Butter have fantastic huge golden poops.

Blackie & Clo are still smaller and darker, so I've not quite perfected their diet yet, but we're getting there :D

i worry *every* morning, as Biscuit just doesn't toilet at all during the night, saves it up until he's had his pellets in the morning and munched a bit of hay.

Scares the life out of me, wish he'd stop it.

His poops are good goldeny colour, is that good? Looks almost like *really* dry hay inside?

i worry *every* morning, as Biscuit just doesn't toilet at all during the night, saves it up until he's had his pellets in the morning and munched a bit of hay.

Scares the life out of me, wish he'd stop it.

His poops are good goldeny colour, is that good? Looks almost like *really* dry hay inside?

They sound like beautiful poops :love:

I've definately cut down on the variety of veggies I used to give and stuck with a more basic boring :? selection! I really think Daisys was caused by ingestion of too much of the cardboard on those Hay n Hide tunnels She hasn't had another episode since I took them away last December!! Dudsters recent bout Im putting down to a really bad moult!

Last edited:
Cutting pellets from Waffles diet has worked wonders. Her latest bout was gas which I now believe to be caused by pinworms so I am confident her diet is still the best for ensuring no reoccurrence of her stasis.

My buns get a very strict and boring diet, I too use brambles daily, but they don't get fruit well maybe a smidge once a month (payday :lol:), but I have never ever had any stasis issues *touches wood*. They hardly get any pellets either, I have this para about pellets because when I first got Carlo, they were having a lot more, and Carlo didn't look half as good condition as he does now, also he no longer leaves his special poops :)

well after this morning with mittens im mega paranoid!! She does seem prone though so will have to keep an eye on her diet now.

Whats this about brambles?? do you just go and pick them from the fields? are any brambles ok? wont the pricklaes hurt their mowfs? :oops::oops:

I have loads at the end of the road - I never thought they would eat them!

well after this morning with mittens im mega paranoid!! She does seem prone though so will have to keep an eye on her diet now.

Whats this about brambles?? do you just go and pick them from the fields? are any brambles ok? wont the pricklaes hurt their mowfs? :oops::oops:

I have loads at the end of the road - I never thought they would eat them!

I pick the leaves off the stalks for them. If you pick 'wild' ones wash them, and pick them from higher up where dogs can't pee. Bunnies love them!

I pick the leaves off the stalks for them. If you pick 'wild' ones wash them, and pick them from higher up where dogs can't pee. Bunnies love them!

Yeah I love foraging for them in the nature reserve by me, and now I can get blackberries too...

thanks to reading about Blackberry and co's foraging :D

fairly certain its the new wild diet thats keeping alving gut stable :wave::wave:

he gets bramble leaves, hawthorn leaves and rose leaves fresh each day plus human veg kale & romaine & basil

i also dry bramble and hawthorn to give as treats too :D:D:D

To be honest I dont really worry about Snowdrop. I have accepted that she has a life limiting illness and just like to enjoy the time we have with her. I know when she gets more poorly I will obviously worry and be upset but for now, when she is doing well, I dont worry.

Her diet includes pellets, loads of hay, dried leaves, herbs, carrot and spring greens.

She last had stasis a few weeks ago and that was brought on by having her VHD jab. Its a hard decision whether to vaccinate her or not but as she was doing well we decided to go ahead.

She didnt eat any pellets for a few days before going into boarding with Lynne but picked up as soon as she was there. I was a bit nervous about leaving her but Lynne was brilliant with her and gave her infacol when she needed it.

To be honest I dont really worry about Snowdrop. I have accepted that she has a life limiting illness and just like to enjoy the time we have with her. I know when she gets more poorly I will obviously worry and be upset but for now, when she is doing well, I dont worry.

Her diet includes pellets, loads of hay, dried leaves, herbs, carrot and spring greens.

She last had stasis a few weeks ago and that was brought on by having her VHD jab. Its a hard decision whether to vaccinate her or not but as she was doing well we decided to go ahead.

She didnt eat any pellets for a few days before going into boarding with Lynne but picked up as soon as she was there. I was a bit nervous about leaving her but Lynne was brilliant with her and gave her infacol when she needed it.

i wish i could relax.. theres no reason for it at all but i have a very uneasy Alvin feeling today :? :? :?

Back