PDA

View Full Version : ohh noo Mittens again! U/D post 19

kaths101
13-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Mittens hasnt eaten a thing this morning, when I came down this morning she was laid out I thought she had passed away :cry::cry::cry: they both usually are running about like mad when they see me in the morning because its veggie time...
Mittens has turned her nose up at everything!! :cry::cry: even fenugreek crunchies :shock::cry:

Off to the vets in a min but can we have some vines pls!! I mean vibes!

GrahamL
13-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Mittens hasnt eaten a thing this morning, when I came down this morning she was laid out I thought she had passed away :cry::cry::cry: they both usually are running about like mad when they see me in the morning because its veggie time...
Mittens has turned her nose up at everything!! :cry::cry: even fenugreek crunchies :shock::cry:

Off to the vets in a min but can we have some vines pls!!

Can't send vines, but can send vibes :)

Hope she's going to be alright. Time for pain meds again!

Stasis is horrible :(

Candiflare
Mittens!Oh no!!! Big, big vibes for her.... i hope she's okay :( :( :(

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

*lily*
Aww get well soon, Mittens xxx

donnamt
13-08-2010, 10:23 AM
sending loads of vibes xxxxxx

kaths101
13-08-2010, 10:30 AM
thank you should I take charlie with her?? or seperate her which i will probably have to do anyway to watch the poo situation! :cry::cry:

Blackberry & Co
13-08-2010, 10:32 AM
thank you should I take charlie with her?? or seperate her which i will probably have to do anyway to watch the poo situation! :cry::cry:

Might be less stressful for her if Charlie goes too.

Lots of vibes for the gorgeous Mittens xxxxx

Jenefina
13-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Oh not beautiful Mittens, sending huge vibes for her. I would take them both so its less stressful for her at the vets and then separate but keep them close afterwards.

Keeping everything crossed for you xxx

Boudicca
13-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Oh no not poor Mittens again! Sending lots of vibes for the pretty little lady! I'd only take Charlie if she gets very stressed going on her own!

Jaysmonkey
13-08-2010, 11:33 AM
lots of vibes xx

Jack's-Jane
13-08-2010, 11:37 AM
How's she doing now ?

Elena
13-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Sorry I missed this this morning. Poor Mittens. I hope the vet can do something.

Snowberry
13-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Lots of vibes for Mittens, I hope she improves soon xxx

Kittykat23uk
13-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Sending lots of vibes Kath Hope she is okay. xx

Loxxy
13-08-2010, 11:45 AM
:bunny: Sending vibes to Mittens, hope she's OK

georgie_f
13-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Get well soon Mittens! :wave:

Jess did this to me a couple of days ago - she was sat hunched up with her face in the corner of the shed, staring at the walls. By lunch time, I'd tried every food I had, even yoghurt drops, and she'd refused the lot and hadn't moved. I had some Metacam in the house so I gave her a little drop of that and waited an hour or so before picking her loads of Mum's fresh veggies. Thank goodness she started nibbling those! I only had 2.71 in my bank account that day so I was having a right panic up until she gobbled down a load of carrot tops. :shock::oops:

I hope Mitten's will be ok and good luck at the vets :wave:

Bungle bunny
13-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Any news? Lots and lots of vibes for you and Mittens :love:

hellsdarkrose
13-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Oh no loads of vibes for Mittens.

Waffle: u needz to eat ur noms Mittens or ur mummie wil worriez n den uz has to see nasty vets peoplez who b pokin and proddinz u.

kaths101
13-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Well can you believe the little monkey!!! she refused everything this morning, my mum popped round for a cuppa and I was telling her about mittens saying we are going to the vets in a min - and my mum who is NOT very bunnyfied at all - was ohh why do you bother blah blah you spend too much on those rabbits blah blah
A minute later I heard nomming peered over the chair thinking it was charlie and she nomming everything in sight!! :shock::shock:
and my mum was like seeee - theres nothing wrong with her!!! :roll::evil:

I did sit in the pen with her for about an hour this morning and gave her tummy rubs and sat her on the heat pad - maybe that helped??
Shes scoffing down hay as we speak so she has made a miraculous recovery :roll::D
I have cancelled the vet trip but they said I can still take her later today if im worried...
Thanks for the vibes - i think Mittens must have recieved them! :D

Blackberry & Co
13-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Yay! Glad she's nomming again!

Clo does this to us occassionally - he gets a bit gassy, so he comes in for tummy rubs and a fleecy cuddle, and a drop of diluted gripe water, then he trumps and starts eating again. We've learnt to try this before going to the vets. If he's not better in an hour or so we take him to the vets, but we always try the tummy rubs first.

susie bun
13-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Just seen this, sorry. Glad Mittens seems to be OK now. Excuse the ignorance, but how do you do tummy rubs? :oops:

kaths101
13-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Just seen this, sorry. Glad Mittens seems to be OK now. Excuse the ignorance, but how do you do tummy rubs? :oops:

I dont really know tbh :oops: - but i thought it was worth a go as everyone talks about doing it... I sort of just massaged her tummy gently - didnt have a clue what I was doing but it seemed to work!

GrahamL
13-08-2010, 01:09 PM

was just typing the same thing, then saw you'd already posted.

Id guess it was like massaging a shoulder, but a lot softer?

Blackberry & Co
13-08-2010, 01:09 PM

Clo sits on my lap, facing me, on a nice warm fleece, then I put a hand either side of his tummy and gently massage from top to underneath, round in circles. It's funny to hear a bunny trump when it works :lol:

Gemmapookie
13-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Timmy did this to me a couple of days ago aswell. Hes not a stasis bun normally but he wouldnt eat and was looking generally down so i gave him a good tum massage and some water. An hour or so later he was eating again :shock:

so glad mittens is ok now xxxxx

Blackberry & Co
13-08-2010, 01:13 PM
This is Clo enjoying a massage off my mum when he was gassy.

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy6/BlackberryBunny/Bunnies%20april%2016th%202010/BunniesClosbumrubandpainting001.jpg

She massages him from his tummy and up and over his bum - he loves it :)

sacol4940
13-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Only just seen this, but I'm so happy that she's ok! :D

kaths101
13-08-2010, 01:15 PM
You actually hear them trump??? :shock:
Im sure Mittens is far too lady like to trump?????

Blackberry & Co
13-08-2010, 01:17 PM
You actually hear them trump??? :shock:
Im sure Mittens is far too lady like to trump?????

Yeah, but mine are all boys :lol:
Yes, I've heard them trump (and smelt it too :mrgreen:)

donnamt
13-08-2010, 01:17 PM
alvin wont let me near him when hes got a poorly tummy... chasing him around usually helps shift the gas with the help of gripe water :D

Glad Mittens is ok :love::love::love:

kaths101
13-08-2010, 01:20 PM
is it just the gripe water you buy for babies?? do you syringe it or just put it in the bowl and hope he drinks it?

Luckily mittens is really easy to handle - Im soooo glad Charlie isnt a stasis bun!! :shock:

donnamt
13-08-2010, 01:23 PM
yeah i find it loads easier than infacol and alvin dont mind it so much.. i tip a small amount into another container and then just syringe it. i usually manage to get about 1.5ml into him which is loads more than i managed with infacol

i think i probably need a new bottle now, even though its been in the fridge and hasnt been touched by the syringe it has been open about 6 months now :shock::shock: it says chuck away after 8 days i think :lol::lol:

Blackberry & Co
13-08-2010, 01:25 PM
is it just the gripe water you buy for babies?? do you syringe it or just put it in the bowl and hope he drinks it?

Luckily mittens is really easy to handle - Im soooo glad Charlie isnt a stasis bun!! :shock:

I dilute a few drops in a few drops of water and syringe it - Clo seems to enjoy the taste (I like it too :oops: so we share a bottle)

kaths101
13-08-2010, 01:25 PM
yeah i find it loads easier than infacol and alvin dont mind it so much.. i tip a small amount into another container and then just syringe it. i usually manage to get about 1.5ml into him which is loads more than i managed with infacol

i think i probably need a new bottle now, even though its been in the fridge and hasnt been touched by the syringe it has been open about 6 months now :shock::shock: it says chuck away after 8 days i think :lol::lol:

Thats good!! dont talk it up - you will NOT need another bottle!! :lol:

donnamt
13-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Thats good!! dont talk it up - you will NOT need another bottle!! :lol:

i need a new bottle of metacam too.. thats been open 6 months

no wonder i have an uneasy feeling my drugs are out of date :lol::lol::lol:

donnamt
13-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I dilute a few drops in a few drops of water and syringe it - Clo seems to enjoy the taste (I like it too :oops: so we share a bottle)

i love the smell but ive never tried it.... is it nice :oops:

sacol4940
13-08-2010, 01:34 PM
I used to have gripe water up until the age of about 10 - it tasted yum! :D

Kittykat23uk
13-08-2010, 01:51 PM
I've never heard of gripe water, what is it and where do you get it from? Glad Mittens is okay.:D

donnamt
13-08-2010, 02:06 PM
I've never heard of gripe water, what is it and where do you get it from? Glad Mittens is okay.:D

baby sections of supermarkets :wave::wave::wave:

it helps the gas in babies

Blackberry & Co
13-08-2010, 02:12 PM
i love the smell but ive never tried it.... is it nice :oops:

Ooooh - it's lovely! Great if you have IBS.

donnamt
13-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Ooooh - it's lovely! Great if you have IBS.

i feel a taste test coming on :oops::oops:

kaths101
13-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Ive just been out and got some! I would try it - but I dont particulary need help with my wind :lol::oops:

Elena
13-08-2010, 08:04 PM
That's what Smudge does to me sometimes. I think it's normally him in a hump rather than gas though. :lol: