• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Storm Calamity !

redliz

Young Bun
I had to put Phoebe in her hutch whilst I was out doing errands ...whilst I was away the heavens opened and despite her hutch being in (I thought) a very sheltered spot, when I checked on her it was literally swimming :shock:
She was happy enough sat on her hay in her bed box.:lol:
I managed to rustle up an old indoor GP cage (quite big about 4ft x 2ft) from a friend and I've put her in that.After a bit of bemused running round it she's settled down and when I looked last she was flopped out on her side , quite contented.
Her hutch is wooden (with roofing felt roof ) but it's completely sodden ..lord knows how long it'll take to dry out and there's more rain expected :evil:

Yep, my hutch is the same. It leaks at the back and I have to hair dry it every time it rains... You can but hutch covers which I'm thinking of doing. They're a little expensive though.

Yep, my hutch is the same. It leaks at the back and I have to hair dry it every time it rains... You can but hutch covers which I'm thinking of doing. They're a little expensive though.

I know I looked at one for the winter and it was £60+ :roll:
I'm thinking of getting a new hutch anyway this one is a little small I think and came with her ..it's not what I'dve chosen,and is definately starting to show wear and tear.
I'm thinking of clearing the (wooden) garden shed,which is basically only used to store rubbish ,old plant pots and now rabbit gear.., and turning that into either a house/run for her or putting the hutch in there for the winter .It's secure, weatherproof, and has windows that can open for ventilation....good idea?

A friend of mine has a really good hutch cover and I'm thinking of replacing the one my Dad made. At the moment we have a sheet of heavy clear plastic attached to a heavy piece of wood. It works really well, but takes more time and effort than lifting a velcro flap up. :wave:

Back