• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 year ban for rabbit neglect *graphic*

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
Just seen this on the SSPCA website. Shocking. Those poor poor rabbits, look at the state of the place they were living in! :censored: And only a 3 year ban, that should have been a lifeban in my opinion. How can anyone let pets get into this state?

The one good thing, other than the dead rabbit, the alive ones look in reasonable condition.
The Scottish SPCA has welcomed the conviction of an Alloa man who kept his pet rabbits and hamsters in filthy conditions at his rubbish filled home. Warning you may find the photographs distressing.

Graeme Robertson, 32, residing at Mary Stevenson Drive at the time of the offence, pled guilty to the charge of failing to ensure the welfare of seven rabbits and two hamsters under the Animal Health and Welfare Act (Scotland) 2006 at Alloa Sherriff Court on Thursday (12 August).

He received a three year ban on keeping or owning animals.

One of the rabbits and both of the hamsters were found dead at his property when our inspectors were called to investigate after a neighbour reported a foul smell and flies coming from the premises.

Video - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=145280388830399
More here - http://www.scottishspca.org/news/453_three-year-ban-for-rabbit-neglect

Sorry! Can't look anymore...just clicked and saw the top pic then read photos maybe distressing and saw that there was another photo...just couldn't look or read it. Poor babies :(:(

oh my lord, thats so .. i cant find the words. Those poor buns and hammies :(

How can you, live, like... i duno. Im actually in shock. :shock:

It almost looks like it started out as some kind of suitable setup, with the pet carriers, a rather large dog crate and lots of food packets, but how you can let it get that bad is just beyond me.

Shocked, thats all i can say.

It almost looks like it started out as some kind of suitable setup, with the pet carriers, a rather large dog crate and lots of food packets, but how you can let it get that bad is just beyond me.

Yes, at least they had space and food, but the MESS! How can people get into such a state. That's just repulsive.

I can't believe how happy and healthy those bunnies look, given the conditions...apart from the dead one of course...which doesn't appear to have a head. Shocking....but what is more shocking is that this stuff shocks me less and less. There is so much of this, it seems to be getting worse, not better. :(

I was thinking that too, they started out with good intentions I think. No excuse for a dead bunny though, the others looked OK. :(

I can't believe how happy and healthy those bunnies look, given the conditions...apart from the dead one of course...which doesn't appear to have a head. Shocking....but what is more shocking is that this stuff shocks me less and less. There is so much of this, it seems to be getting worse, not better. :(

Me too :( I often see the shocking warnings, open the links with my eyes squinted half shut and then think 'Oh, that's not as bad as such and such a time'. There's always something worse these days. :( (Not that that makes it any less horrible).

I guess the guy that owned them must be mentally unstable or something as not even the most cruel person would leave themselves to live in those conditions too. :? Just another example of why people should have to apply for a license to keep animals and prove they're fit to do so before they get into this situation.

Poor babies :( God only knows what that house must smell like and be like for the people who had to sort it. Gross. I think it's good that the bunnies are in care now thank goodness!

Ambience xx

Looks like a hoarder to me. This man has obvious problems and needs help whether he wants it or not. He probably didn't neglect the rabbits on purpose more than he neglected himself.

Back