• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cant find a bunny from a rescue centre anywhere

mreeyore

Warren Scout
i tried loads ov centres, they only adopt bunnies in pairs. eeyore was a mainly house bunny. he was always around human contact. feel like giving up trying to rescue a bunny in a rescue centre. eeyore was realy happy wiv just us.i wanted to give a rescue bunny a life like our eeyore had, a happy loved one, feel so sad

Hi, I think some rescues have buns who prefer to live alone and some will rehome 1 to live as a house bun.

Have you looked at the Rabbits in Need sections or on Rabbit Rehome?

Also you may find you get more replies if you post in a different section of the forum.

What part of the country is Castleford - perhaps someone can direct you to a rescue.

i<ve looked at all centres in our area, they only do in pairs.rspca in bradford said they adopt single bunnies only as house pets. that was eeyore was. the only time he went out in his cage outside was to slleep. he was always brought in the daytime or i would go out in the garden with him, he lived inside in the winter all the time. just feel like go get one from a pet shop, and i didnt want to do that

Not entirely sure where castleford is but is Sheffield too far for you to come? I have lots of lovely bunnies needing loving homes - I only let females go in pairs but I do have several single adult males that would prefer to live on their own, are very clean in their hutches (only use one corner so would probably take to litter training very well) and would love the companionship of a new family. :)

edit : forgot to say that I do have some baby rescues in at the moment, their mum came in pregnant - they are now 8 weeks old and looking for new homes :)

Yes I found it a struggle when looking for a friend for B.RSPCA Lincoln was a particular problem,even spoke to Nikki there.It was their policy at the time to rehome only in pairs.When I explained I had a lone doe looking for a buck the man at the Ruskington kennels was really unhelpful.Maybe what your meant to do is hand back your single bun & start again!:lol:Seriously though I think other rescues will rehome single buns,not all buns get on with others.As long as they are house buns that is.Look at the in need section on here,it doesn't matter if the rescue is not near you as alot of rescues do bunny runs.Dont give up just yet.:)

I was just browsing bunnies (as you do) and found this chap who could be ideal for you!!! ;) He sounds absolutely fantastic and is only 44 miles from you (roughly).

Sonny - if you are looking for a house bunny to share your life with then look no further. This hunk is just best thing since sliced bread and will make the best house bunny ever, even if you have children, as he is super confident and wants to be around people all the time. In fact he loves people more than bunnies and just wants to be part of, and at the heart of, a loving family. Sonny loves following you around and is never shy of coming forward for attention. He comes running up to you for a stroke and won¿t think twice about giving you a rude nudge if he thinks you are ignoring him! Ideally Sonny will need a home with plenty of space, where he can interact with everyone and `help out¿ around the house, as only bunnies do! When you cannot supervise him then his resting place must be spacious as he is a big boy. So, perhaps something like a penned off area, but definitely not a cage as this wouldn¿t be big enough for him. We all adore Sonny and it¿s about time he found himself a new home as he¿s been with us nearly 3 months after being found stray in North Manchester. Sonny really is fantastic and a real favourite amongst us all because his charm and confidence is just magic, don¿t believe us? Well, come and meet him for yourself!

He looks like a french lop,so believe me he would be the best housemate in the world.I want!!!!!!:lol:Ignore that,I was looking at Loxxy's bun:lol:Oops.Sonny looks lovely too!!:D

He looks like a french lop,so believe me he would be the best housemate in the world.I want!!!!!!:lol:Ignore that,I was looking at Loxxy's bun:lol:Oops.Sonny looks lovely too!!:D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: She's not for adoption hehe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sonny looks so cute. but unforuneatley castleford is in west yorkshire, if it was only 44 miles away then we wud be over to see if, hope he fine home soonx

Honeybunnies have some solo buns and we re-home nationally :D

Give Jill a call or send her an email & discuss :D

sonny looks so cute. but unforuneatley castleford is in west yorkshire, if it was only 44 miles away then we wud be over to see if, hope he fine home soonx

Sonny is in Manchester so I think that's about 60 miles away from you, by my calculations - apologies, its not quite 44. Just wanted to point this out in case you thought Sonny was in West Sussex :)

Why do you specifically only want one bun? Is it because one is all you can afford and/or manage at the moment or is it just personal preference? Unfortunately there is a good reason that most rescues will only rehome most of their rabbits in pairs - and that's because they are social creatures and need company. Many bunnies can be happy single, but most rescues recognise that they are happier paired. Of course occasionally there will be a rabbit that is unable to be bonded for whatever reason or some rescues are happy for rabbits to go singly if they are housebunnies.

If you are 100% certain that you only want or can only take on a single bun, I would really strongly recommend that they live completely indoors and not move around into and out of an outdoor cage at night. At least that way the rabbit can feel safe and secure in one single environment and can interact with you whenever you are around, even if you are not directly playing with the bun they can see and be involved in the activity of the household. Also it's not terribly good for rabbits to swap between being indoors and out - it can mess with their immune system as the changes in temperature and changes in air aren't good for them, plus when the temperature starts to get different inside and out their body won't know how thick to make their coat.

I'm sure you'll find the right bun in rescue for you somewhere :)

Ralph still needs a home, although have one person that is interested. He wouldn't make a good house bunny though - he loves the outdoors. Also, I'm in MK and don't think Ralph would like to be in the car for that long :(

That's good to hear! He's lovely.:love::love:

Back