• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dizzi's in for her spay today!

Bitzy

Mama Doe
Dropped her off at 9am this morning .... vet said she was a good size and weight for her age and that she seemed very healthy so fingers crossed everything goes well.

As Dizzi has to be indoors for a few days post op I've given Rascal the run of the whole hutch/run (its partitioned off down the middle with 2 layers of mesh but I've wedged the gate inbetween open) and he's having a fab time .... running round like a loon and binkying all over the place!

I have to ring the vets at 2pm to see how Dizzi is so Im trying to keep busy .....haven't done any housework since weekend so there's plenty to go at and I need to set up Diz's pen in the living room ....... its not really working at keeping my mind off things tho!

I was nearly in tears when I left her there! Poor little thing.

xx

Bless you Bitzy. I was exactly the same when Biscuit went in for his neuter, OH was actually in bits, she had to come home from work she was so upset!

It's all okay though. Dizzi's in for some serious treats and TLC over the next few days, i can tell!

Ooooh its 'that' day!! Everything should be absoultely fine but I know what its like and the stress of waiting!! Just keep busy busy busy! Makesure you have some wine and chocolate in for yourself, I needed it to make me feel better for putting Daisy through it! Dont forget to write Metacam on your hand!!! I'll be checking back at 2 to see how she is!

Thanks everyone ......... I now have a splitting headache but no bloomin painkillers in the house so am having a lemsip (well it has paracetomol in) and hoping that will do the trick.

I asked the vet about Metacam this morning and she wrote it on Dizzi's form but I've also just written it on my hand just in case ..... thanks for the reminder.

I've got all her favourite treats in, I have some critical care and I left her with a packed lunch at the vets although I doubt she'll eat anything straight away, they've warned me that she will be very sleepy but also said they'll give her long acting pain killers and an injection to get her gut moving again.

I'm sure she knew there was something afoot first thing this morning.

Good idea about the treats for me ..... will nip to the shop in a bit. My nephew has made me a couple of rice krispie cakes to cheer me up so might have them with lunch! lol

Thanks again everyone, the support on here is just fab!

xx

Hiya

Thanks for all your well wishes, sorry I haven't replied sooner, I've been out and about (had a delivery from the hay experts to work so had to go pick it up seeing as it has their fave hay in there).

Rang the vets at 2pm and they said that she's ok and I can pick her up anytime after 4pm!! Yaaaaaaay!

SUCH a relief I was really worried about the GA ........ now to concentrate on her recovery.

xx

Hiya

Thanks for all your well wishes, sorry I haven't replied sooner, I've been out and about (had a delivery from the hay experts to work so had to go pick it up seeing as it has their fave hay in there).

Rang the vets at 2pm and they said that she's ok and I can pick her up anytime after 4pm!! Yaaaaaaay!

SUCH a relief I was really worried about the GA ........ now to concentrate on her recovery.

xx

soooooo happy!!

Biscuit: gets wells soons Dizzi, eat all the nommy noms that mummy gives yous!

Phew!!! thats the worst bit over now to get her eating, drinking and pooing!! My money is on a piece of parsley as the first thing to be nommed!

Thanks ........ just got home (complete with Metacam and instructions - YAY).

I've put her carrier in the pen in the living room where its nice and quiet and have pulled the curtains a little bit .......she hasn't ventured out of her carrier yet but I've put some of her fave treats out where she can see them.

The nurse said she'd already eaten some mixed leaves (from her pack-up) so that's a good sign......bless her, the little gannet!

She looks sooo small in the carrier all squidged up at the other end of it, hopefully she'll settle soon.

xxx

Awww ... glad she's home.:wave: Even my fairly large rabbit looks small when he backs up in his carrier. Hope she's out and nomming soon, bless her. :love:

Awe bless her! She might not feel like moving or venturing out of the carrier so in a while I might try wafting a leaf of something right under her nose and offering her a shallow dish of water as well!

Back