• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My escape artist bunnies are fighting back!

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
I'm still trying to keep Blanche contained after her spay but now that she's fighting fit she is becoming quite a challenge :roll: Her and Archie are currently in a puppy pen in the kitchen which I've first covered with a cardboard "lid" which after three days was pulled down and semi eaten, the same thing has happened with an old towel that was drapped over.

I know Archie can shimmy up the puppy pen bars (with a bit of a struggle) but Blanche is so tiny I don't have a clue how she mangaed it. Especially post spay. :?

Two days in a row now I've woke up to a scratching sound. On opening my bedroom door there's been Archie the dog rabbit trying to dig his way in :lol:

Yesterday Blanche was stretched out asleep on my younger brothers bed (next to a nice little wet patch) and this morning she was sat in the veg rack pretending to be a potato :lol:

It's been a week now since her operation and to be honest she's healing fine and is back to her normal self. Do you think it's time to send them on their merry way back to their hutches outside or should I keep her in for a few more days? She's yet to have her staples removed?

I'd be happy letting them out now! :) I didn't keep Ruby contained for more than a day. She would have been more likely to pull something trying to escape than if I let her flop in her favourite places. :)

Back