• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BamBam is very quiet....

After losing Bubbles he's just not himself, he's not really moving away from the spot where she was. He was sat their last night eating hay, hopped out into the run for 5 minutes and chewed the wood... but gently, he's usually quite aggressive with it! but then he went straight back in to the same spot. They usually had their pellets upstairs, but he's not touched them so I don't think he's going up.

I'm really quite worried, I can't lose him too, he's 7 or 8 years old, I think 8 my mum thinks 7. I've got no other bunnies to bond with him as ShyBoy (brother) is an uncastrated male and Roxy is only 4 months and not spayed.

Does anyone have older bunnies who have lost a partner then coped fine with life alone? It's too soon to "replace" Bubbles.

I'm so sorry BamBam isn't taking the loss of Bubbles very well. :cry:

If it helps any, I wouldn't look on getting another bun as 'replacing Bubbles', no bun could do that.

We lost an 8mth old Bunny to EC and his brother missed him very much. To help in the interim we put a soft toy in the hutch with him and he used to spend hours snuggled up with it and would even groom it. After two weeks though we realised he needed a friend sooner rather than later and we adopted Star from Fat Fluffs. At the end of the day you are not trying to replace Bubbles, just make BamBam feel better, and I am sure Bubbles would approve of that! xx

im sorry :(:( he may just miss rabbit company so a new bunny could be the answer to his depression, even if its too soon for him to bond the change of scene going to a rescue to look for a new wife may be all he needs to cheer up.

Not old but when Alvin was rapidly heading to stasis after losing Pearl i took him to hopper haven and he was binkying they very next day just being in the same room as other buns :D

I've just phoned a rabbit rescue where I live... He's going saturday morning. They have some that may be suitable to bond with him. http://www.lecoeurrabbitrescue.co.uk/in_need_of_someone_to_love_us.htm Frosty.. although I'm not sure as shes very young, Maizey, Fluffy a possibility but unlikely, or they have a black dutch or black and white dwarf lop that were both strays and not on the website yet. I feel awful... but he can't stay depressed.

took two months for me to offically fall in love with Holly. i loved her for helping Alvin but she made me greive harder for my Pearl

you cant help your feeling hun, in time you will love this new bunny with all your heart. just not yet xxxx

I feel awful... but he can't stay depressed.

:(:(:( It's awful because you need to do what's best for BamBam and, while he needs company, you just want to grieve for Bubbles first. As Donna said, you can't help how you feel and hopefully a new bunny will be a positive thing to focus on. You might not feel an immediate bond, but don't beat yourself up for how you're feeling. :)

Back