• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

skipper has a blister/sore on his nose! huh?!

skippersmom

Warren Scout
Hey guys!
so, my little guy LOVES to dig in the corner of his cage at night/morning while he is in there, lately i've noticed he's been scraping his teeth against the bottom as well as doing the digging, i looked this morning and found that he had a red spot and some hair loss in between his nose and mouth, what can i do to prevent this from getting any worse?!? i give him tons of hay and things to chew on, and rotate them often so he doesnt get bored... im confused! any suggestions?

Last edited:
How big is Skipper's cage and how often does he come out to play? Does he have an exercise run or get free range time? Behaviour repeated to the point of causing himself an injury would indicate boredom and frustration to me. :?

How big is Skipper's cage and how often does he come out to play? Does he have an exercise run or get free range time? Behaviour repeated to the point of causing himself an injury would indicate boredom and frustration to me. :?

Ditto.

How big is the cage and does he get excercise are the most important questions here me thinks.

his cage is HUGE and he goes out to play for at LEAST 12 hours a day.. i put him in his pen (nine feet by nine feet) all day long while im at work, when i come home he gets free range of the house. he's only in the cage at night, is that why?

Wow that's fab - what a lovely home Skipper has! :D

Is he castrated? Can he not stay in his pen at night time instead of going into his cage? Or could you attach the cage to the pen so he can have more space at night? Buns are very active at night sometimes and he might just be a bit frustrated when he is used to lots of space.

I'd guess that if he has all that space during the day, and his night time accomodation is less than that, it could be his frustration at the lack of space during the night.
What size is his bedtime cage?

hmmm never thought of that! good point! his nighttime accomadations are much smaller at 4x2ft (with two levels, a VERY high cage)

the only reason i do it is because my vet told me it would be best (never gave me any reasoning..i guess i should have asked! my fault there!)
he is castrated, my mother wont allow another bun until i move out tho unfortunately.. i would love one!a nice girlybun for him would probably help him a lot.. hes quite the little prince.

Back