• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning Feet

bugsy's owner

Young Bun
Hey all:wave:

whats the best way to clean a buns feet if they dont like baths? I tried him in a little water, just enough to wet his feet, but he wasnt impressed! :shock:

Also, what to use to clean his feet? Is it possible to use something like baby wipes or should i buy pet shampoo just for his feet?

Not going to bath him just yet, not sure how to do that either lol!

Thanks,

Vicki & Bugsy

You shouldn't need to clean their feet. As long as their living area is clean their feet with be too. Rabbits don't like getting wet unless it's on their own terms (ie, sitting in the rain!) bathing isn't recommended unless absolutely necessary such as with an ill bunny.

I was wondering this too, Islay's feet are manky and stained! Not dirty, but green from grass :lol: she looks a bit funny when I pit her up and all 4 feet are bright green :p

I wouldn't wash them- mine get covered in dirt from digging up the grass in runs- now just soil burrows which i fill in, but they enjoy it- it's just me who doesn't like the dirty feet- unless there is a medical reason- i wouldn't bother xxxxxx

Ok. Its just cause hes white so his feet look more dirty than other rabbits. He rolled i his wee last week and I had to wipe him with a damp cloth as it was all over his back lol!

So then its better to leave his feet alone?

Thanks

Ok. Its just cause hes white so his feet look more dirty than other rabbits. He rolled i his wee last week and I had to wipe him with a damp cloth as it was all over his back lol!

So then its better to leave his feet alone?

Thanks

I personally would. It's like us wearing white socks, they're going to get a big grubby eventually. His feet will be no more, no less dirtier than a black bun ... it's just more obvious because of his colouring!

Trust me the stress involved in bathing a rabbit will permanently damage you for life! :lol:

I dont clean B's feet,she wouldn't let me for a start,as she seems to do it herself.One day they are dirty,the next day they are not!:DDill's got black feet so they always look dirty!:lol:He is the cleanest bun we've ever had.

My girls have permanently "sage green slippers"!:roll::D
It just abit of grass stain & will do them no harm......whereas bathing them will cause them alot of stress....and they will not like you for it;)

Bunnies will wash themselves - so i owuldnt worry about any of it - the only time I have has to wipe with a damp towel was when my bun got a messy bum.....it was not nice for her or me & wouldnt wash them at all if there is no need....

Green grass footsies is a good sign of being able to have acces to grass! lucky buns!:p

Back