• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floppy couldn't walk

weedug

Mama Doe
without falling over when I went into the shed to get him earlier :(.

He has a permenantly dislocated knee on one side and the other side can be dislocated with the minimal force. He was walking with his good leg held high under him, and kept falling over cause he had to use his bad leg to walk.

He's had his painkillers and seems better now, but gave me such a fright. The only thing I can think of is that he had dislocated his good knee somehow.

Oh dear poor Floppy :cry: Perhaps he was guarding his bad leg so much with his good that he has made his good leg a bit sore or put his muscles on that side into spasm? The NSAID should help. I suppose with his history it is possible he has dislocated his good knee? See how he is tomorrow - might need vet to check all is ok if still no better in the morning.

Hi is able to move a bit better now, but is moving very stiffly, as if he is guarding his little legs.

I will keep a close eye on him, and take him to the vet if he doesn't pick up, or if it happens again. He looked so distressed :(

He is eating and drinking, so at least I don't need to worry about that.

Thanks for the vibes. So far today he had managed to walk around fine, but when he stretches his good back leg goes into the most disgusting position!

I've restricted his exercise area a bit today. Will see how he goes, and it'll be back to the vet (again) if things don't pick up back to normal.

Back