• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are my rabbits hungry or just normal...?

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
They are the picture of health and full of beans but they are always looking for pellets. I know this because I feed them pellets in their shed and they run ahead of me to get them or they sit in it looking out the door - if they could sing "why are we waiting" they would!! But they are doing it ALL THE TIME!!! I feed them around 7, then about 8 they get out for a run-around before bed but they keep sitting in the shed looking out the door or running to me and then to the shed - I know they want more pellets!!!

I feed them an eggcup full of pellets each, twice a day, a hand sized piece of spring green, a floret of broccoli and a ring of carrot each per day. They also get bits of basil, mint and dandilions. They eat hay all the time too. Are they hungry?? or just being normal rabbits?? Do they need more pellets or should I just be glad they are such hay guzzlers? :shock:

Nope they are quite normal. :D:lol:

Rabbits are extremely skilled at begging for food and giving the impression they are starving! :roll::lol:

Mine don't get pellets at all - and they do not starve! Yours do not need anymore than you are giving them if they are healthy and maintaining a good weight. :)

Dan & Clo make me laugh - they run up to the top floor of the hutch at pellet time, and each one will push his head under the other one's head, then the other one will do it back, just so's they can be first to get their head in the pellet tub :lol:

Nope they are quite normal. :D:lol:

Rabbits are extremely skilled at begging for food and giving the impression they are starving! :roll::lol:

Mine don't get pellets at all - and they do not starve! Yours do not need anymore than you are giving them if they are healthy and maintaining a good weight. :)

They make me feel so guilty!! Won't give in though!!

Dan & Clo make me laugh - they run up to the top floor of the hutch at pellet time, and each one will push his head under the other one's head, then the other one will do it back, just so's they can be first to get their head in the pellet tub :lol:

:roll: I feed separate bowls but sometimes they periscope up and wack the bowl with their front paws if I'm not putting it down quick enough!!

Mine are just the same - they have their pellets at bedtime, the neighbours must wonder what the comotion is as they run up and down, scratch at the wire and throw themselves at the doors :roll: while I shush, shush them!

When they were younger they literally climbed up my son, vertically, (he was 4 at the time) because he was holding their pellets - he just stood still looking rather stunned :lol:

Mine are just the same - they have their pellets at bedtime, the neighbours must wonder what the comotion is as they run up and down, scratch at the wire and throw themselves at the doors :roll: while I shush, shush them!

When they were younger they literally climbed up my son, vertically, (he was 4 at the time) because he was holding their pellets - he just stood still looking rather stunned :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think they are good actors/actresses - funny enough, my goldfish do exactly the same thing every time I walk in the room!

Mine ran about looking at me like they wanted feeding again 10 minutes after i fed them. I was wondering the same thing. I gave a handful to each of them tonight. I give loads of hay and abit of veg daily and herbs to each of them.

Ambience xx

Mine get about the same as yours, and they too are 'always hungry'! Their faces are a picture, they practically fall out of the cage telling me how starving they are.

When they were younger they literally climbed up my son, uvertically, (he was 4 at the time) because he was holding their pellets - he just stood still looking rather stunned :lol:

hehehe this had me in giggles for ages

This is why I've suddenly run out of Fenugreek Crunchies, cos four pairs of pleading eyes are so much harder to ignore than two.

Yep, you'd think I never fed mine at all the way they react when they think they're getting fed! Even when they're not.

Mine ran about looking at me like they wanted feeding again 10 minutes after i fed them. I was wondering the same thing. I gave a handful to each of them tonight. I give loads of hay and abit of veg daily and herbs to each of them.

Ambience xx

Biscuit's been doing this over the last 3 days. Feed him pellets, he eats them all within 20-25 minutes, then sits at the door to his pen wanting more.

I keep sayign to myself... "must....be....strong...not...give...more...":lol:

I was told healthy appetite, healthy bun :D
Bella and Oscar dart to the front of their kennel soon as they hear the back door open! :roll: trying to put their dish on the floor I get bombarded! :shock::lol:

*puts hand up* same! I think my Dad actually thinks I starve them when he comes round cause they eat like they've never eaten before :roll:

Jeez!! His pellets last a long time! My two have theirs devoured in about 2 minutes!

He's quite a slow eater then bless him! I need to reduce the amount he has a little more, as his hay intake still isn't what i'd like!

I give mine the odd bit of piggy mix ( the squashed pea and corn and the flat orange things) is that okay? Not too much, just enough to please them and get Benson to sit on my knee for two seconds! :roll:

Back