• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Q for freerange indoor bunny mummies!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
D&D are freerange 24/7 but they are not allowed in my bedroom or little study (too many wires!). How many of you allow 24hr access to your bedroom?? Im considering bunny proofing my bedroom and allowing them full access!! Do you get jumped on much in the night?! They have been in there a few times and the Dudster has been up on my bed with no weeings!! Im hoping that's something he won't feel the urge to do!

I got jumped when I left the door open by mistake,

I'm not allowed them in the room unless my OH is out :oops:

Think Schutte and Domnant have some tails of weeing and jumping buns in the night :shock:

Alvin used me as a spring board one night, i still have the bruise :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Holly has peed on my bed but since i got back off hols shes been quite good, its not fun washing a heavy double duvet at 11pm though :shock::shock:

last night all was calm and they just slept at the bottom of my bed by the door but the first night back they was playing choo choo trains all night along my bed and into the other room and back again :lol::lol::lol:

my pair are only free range when i am home tho, i cant bear the thought of something going wrong when im not there, less damage to themselves can be done in the cage (i hope)

:lol: I don't mind being jumped upon a few times BUT I draw the line at being pestered non stop for fenugreek crunchies or being wee'd upon :lol:

I've tired to let Charlie free range all night

It resulted in binkys to the head every time I dozed off, being climbed on, walked over and hearing the noise of him trying to break into the food bag :roll:

Our House just isn't suitable for 24/7 free-ranging.

However, upon escape i have had Biscuit jump up on the bed and just started licking my face, scared the **** out of me. I've never seen him run so fast! He was down the stairs again and sat outside his pen begging to go back in before i made all the changes!

I'd only want them out if i knew they were safe, e.g, when im around, for both their safety and the houses!

i must admit i love looking to see where they are during the night, least the fact i wake up hourly every night isnt wasted now :D:D:D

Its the scary side eye face they do when you wake up, and they are giving you evils from your pillow muhahahaha

I'm not a deep sleeper so I can imagine after a week of bunnys in my room I'll look like a zombie :lol: do they actually go to sleep on the bed next to you?

Noah sleeps between me & hubby every night :love::love::love:

He just knows when we've gone to bed & always follows us up - he has a little box at my side of the bed that he runs round to & jumps onto my pillow!

We also have 3 cats on the bed as well!!!! :oops: :lol: We wouldn't have it any other way though ;) :love:

Mine have 24 access to my bedroom. Now theirs four of them they really arn't that interested in jumping on the bed. When I had two they were a nightmare and would jump on the bed early morning and wee to wake me up! They were associating me getting up with their pellets as the first thing I would do would be to give them pellets. Now I go to the loo first and then come back and do their breakfast.

Also Argos do a waterproof duvet set - I just lay that over the duvet during the day. A shower curtains would work as well.

Mischa can only get on the bed in one area - well he thinks he can only get up there, he seems to feel that part is lower down than the rest or something - and this area happens to be by my head. So I used to get bunny-on-head every morning. He never weed there! Just to be clear! He would wee on my legs usually.

Fudge is free range in my room (only when im home though) and doesnt jump on my bed, dont know why maybe too high for her but she has her own little spot where she lays down at night where she can 'keep an eye on me' :lol:

I love having her free range, only started it recently and i love hearing her run mental round my room at 3 in the morning :love:

I have tried to bunny proof my room but Fudge is a really good girl and doesnt get up to much :love: I did wake up on morning to hear her chewing something and caught her trying to chew a dangling wire. Caught her just in time,no harm was done. Dont know why the wire was there:?

It is freaky waking up to a bunny staring at u looking REALLY hungry :shock::lol:

Last edited:
Noah sleeps between me & hubby every night :love::love::love:

He just knows when we've gone to bed & always follows us up - he has a little box at my side of the bed that he runs round to & jumps onto my pillow!

We also have 3 cats on the bed as well!!!! :oops: :lol: We wouldn't have it any other way though ;) :love:

Awwwwe Id love that :love:

Schuette I have a spare shower curtain!! I think Im gonna give it a go! Just need to get some extra pannels at the weekend to save my books and TV wires!

I wake up with them charging around downstairs attacking boxes and the like so I figure it shouldn't make much difference :lol:

Ok i jynxed myself! After posting on here about Fudge NOT going on my bed i just went upstairs and there she was sat on the end of my bed staring at me :shock: How on earth did she get up there and why has she started now? :lol::lol:

Gotta love her though :love::love:

Ok i jynxed myself! After posting on here about Fudge NOT going on my bed i just went upstairs and there she was sat on the end of my bed staring at me :shock: How on earth did she get up there and why has she started now? :lol::lol:

Gotta love her though :love::love:

They can read you know. ;):lol:

Back