• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Grinding/clicking teeth?

Michelle_stt

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone.

I was sat stroking Beau last night, She was spread across my legs and was very relaxed. She started grinding/clicking her teeth when I was stroking her.

Does this mean she was happy or was i doing something wrong?

x

if it was a gentle kind of noise and she's otherwise ok it means she's a happy bunny :love: If however she was sitting sort of hunched up and it was a quite unpleasant sounding teeth chattering noise then it can indicate pain, normally stomach pain, if she's eating and pooping fine and it was only while she was being stroked then i would say it's a happy noise :D

Given that she was relaxed and happy, it was probably just her letting you know how happy she is like a cat purring. However loud grinding can indicate pain.

It was just like a soft chattering noise. I was sat on the floor against the sofa and she was laid spread out on my legs and I was stroking her.

Oscar does it every day. He loves to be picked up and plonked across my chest, and within half a minute of head rubs he's off purring away.
None of my other buns do it like Oscar.

Back