• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my new beautiful rabbit

kirst25

Alpha Buck
hiya im new to this forum and im also new to ownin a rabbit..only got her yest,i was jst wondering if someone could tell me how long it will be until she stops bein a little bit scared and shy,thanx :)

hiya im new to this forum and im also new to ownin a rabbit..only got her yest,i was jst wondering if someone could tell me how long it will be until she stops bein a little bit scared and shy,thanx :)

it can take a few weeks for your bun to get used to you and its surroundings :)

Is she an indoor or outdoor bunny?

Also, we love to see pictures of your little bunster, so if you have any, post them here.

You can use www.photobucket.com to upload them and then paste the link here for us to see.

Welcome to RU :wave:

Gray

she is a indoor bunny..neva had a rabbit before :)

Welcome :wave:

Lots of us here have house rabbits, including myself.

What breed is she and how old is she?

If you ever need to ask a question, here is the best place!

Gray

It will depend a bit on bunny's age, and where you got her from. My rabbit was seven months when I got him, but if you have a baby rabbit the bonding might be a bit quicker. :wave: Indoor bunnies probably also get used to people quicker than outdoor buns (like mine). :wave:

she is 12 weeks old and i got her frm a pet shop..she is a longhaired and is friendly but she just seems really scared and wants to stay in her hutch :)..so grateful tht i have people to ask :wave:

I'm not an expert, but when my friends got a rabbit last year the breeder told them to leave it alone to settle for the first day (while obviously giving it food and water). It might be best if you just spoke to the rabbit when you go to the hutch, then move on to giving her gentle strokes. She will be feeling very strange in a new place, and it will take her a while to realise she's a lucky bunny to have come to live with someone who wants what's best for her. :wave:

:) yeah..ive had her out a couple of times this morn for a stroke and she was having cuddles for about an hour in total n she seemed fine jst a little bit nervous,been leavin the door open while supervising and she hasnt been out,wen i go near her in her hutch she goes n hides just feel like im doing something wrong and really scaring her

Hope someone more experienced comes along soon to advise you better than I can. :wave: Did you get any advice about what type of food to give it? Being a long-haired bunny, brushing could be more important than for short haired rabbits, but you obviously need to take special care with a young rabbit. Did the pet shop sell you a bunny brush?

Was she in the petshop in a group of other bunnies? If so she maybe missing them and the security of another bunny?! Us hoomins must look very big scary and ugly compared to somebody of their own kind! It takes a while for them to trust us! Lots of sitting with them, talking calmly and feeding a few treats!! If she's an outdoor bunny maybe in time you might like to get her a friend to snuggle up to and share grooming responsibilities :D

Hope someone more experienced comes along soon to advise you better than I can. :wave: Did you get any advice about what type of food to give it? Being a long-haired bunny, brushing could be more important than for short haired rabbits, but you obviously need to take special care with a young rabbit. Did the pet shop sell you a bunny brush?

yh i got sum food tht they had been feeding her on and i got a brush..brushed her this morn bt she has got coverd in hay and straw agen and wnt let me really get nr her and i dnt want to traumitise her too much on her first day..wot do i do

Was she in the petshop in a group of other bunnies? If so she maybe missing them and the security of another bunny?! Us hoomins must look very big scary and ugly compared to somebody of their own kind! It takes a while for them to trust us! Lots of sitting with them, talking calmly and feeding a few treats!! If she's an outdoor bunny maybe in time you might like to get her a friend to snuggle up to and share grooming responsibilities :D

no she wasnt around any other bunnies and she is a indoor bunny..she is interactive to an extent bt she jst runs away n hides frm me in her hutch,she has nt come out on her own but she is eating n drinking and relaxing in the hutch

Back