• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

if u want to adopt a bunny, how do you know which one is right for you

mreeyore

Warren Scout
our life is so empty without eeyore now. i no he hasnt been gone long but hurts so much. i have avoided the temptation to just go buy another one, we got eeyore from a garden centre. from looking on this site i have realised that if we ever got a new rabbit, there are so many ones needing adoption. we could give one a loving home. eeyore was loved so much but i dont want him to think we have replaced him. we just need something to replace the hole that we now have in our hearts.if we did adopt where would you start looking. eeyore was a small holland lop and if we did adopt we would like one about the same size, has any body got any advice on what to do or any buns that need a really loving home,

I'd start by finding out what your local rescues are. Then go for a visit and interact a bit with the buns - I think you'll just 'know' when you find the one for you.

If you go to your nearest rehoming centre i can garentee you will fall in love with every one of them.But ask about their personality.Go with what you prefer, a lively mad bun or a quiet carm one etc.Good luck:)

You will just know, when you see the one, I remember my first bunny, Out of about 10 he caught my eye as soon as i walked in and he was the one:D

When I get a new rabbit I either go with

Rescue - Either take on the nastiest one they have, or the one that needs lots of TLC etc. Although normally this works out with my getting a phone call saying a friend of a friend has a rabbit that needs a home blah blah. I enjoy a challenge.

Breed - If I am looking for a particular breed, then I look at how the animal represents the breed (I show them sometimes) and of course how healthy they are/what the breeders are like etc.

Or there is of course the cute bunny that I just have to have because my life would not be complete without it lol.

Everyone is different and I think you just have to trust that you will know.

Hi. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your rabbit. I dread to think how I would feel if I was you. If you do feel you want to give a home to another bunny, please could I suggest you contact Hannah & Stephen at camp nibble which is in Leeds.....so not far from you. Hannah & Stephen are completely dedicated to their rehoming facility, subsequently they would only allow an animal to be rehomed to the right owner, taking into consideration what it is that the owners are looking for in a pet. They kind of do match making for the owners and the rabbits that they have in rescue. They would certainly be worth contacting. Have a look at their website. Each rabbit has a little biography which allows you to get some background information about their history & personality.

I am really sorry to hear of your sad loss. Jill x

will we pass the home test

i really want to adopt a bunny but am worried we wont pass the home test. wot do they look for? we have to offer, a walled enclosed secure garden that is paved. eeyore had a hutch for outside in warmer months with a five foot run attached. in cooler months he had a nero four cage from pets at home. my husband works days and i work four til midnight. me and eeyore were always together during the day . we would sit in the garden together, he would be running free, he loved to do that. i cant even go in the garden now. my husband would get him out on a night too.he would sit and watch telly wiv us, he loved his head rubbing.we loved to sit on the decking wiv us on a weekend when we were both off. just wish so much that he was here now, i feel so alone

Back