• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excel Herbage with Timothy Hay

grasses

Hi all,

Is it ok to give Excel Herbage with Timothy Hay every day as hay?

Thank you,

:wave:

grasses in general make up 70% of a rabbits diet.//.some grasses are higher in non-digestible fiber than others,,-for example timothy is best for percentage of-nondigestible fiber-which makes it an excellent choice for -rabbits-teeth and gitract,,-i don,t know the stats for herbs,but there is a website link that might help..http://www.medirabbit.com --i hope this helps--sincerely james waller -:love:

Thanks guys :D I was just a bit concerned because my two were having just Timothy Hay and their poos were really light in colour and crumbly, but now they are on the burgess excel herbage with timothy, dandilions and marigolds their poos are darker in colour and smaller.

Thanks guys :D I was just a bit concerned because my two were having just Timothy Hay and their poos were really light in colour and crumbly, but now they are on the burgess excel herbage with timothy, dandilions and marigolds their poos are darker in colour and smaller.

big golden poops are a good thing

That's what I thought. Think I'm going to get them the Timothy Hay again rather than the Excel with Herbage as their poos were better on just Timothy Hay. What do you guys reckon?

Why not give them some of each? Mine have 5 different types of hay in their hutch to make sure they don't get bored and keep eating hay. A bit excessive perhaps lol, but mine have good poos, if I do say so myself! :lol:

xxx

Back