• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Daisy please

Lil_Luci

Mama Doe
My baby girl is at the vets today, being spayed and having her staples removed from her nose. She was originally booked in for friday, but the vet wanted to leave the staples a little bit longer. Am worrying like crazy already! I packed her a little lunchbox with lots of yummy hay, veg, apple and a strawberry, and am going to my friends garden before I pick her up to raid her rose bush and pick some dandelions too :)
Any info I should know about after spay care? When Gizmo was neutered a few years ago, he came home from the vets and acted like nothing had happened! Am aware that a spay is a bigger op tho, so any do's and don'ts would be a huge help :)

My baby girl is at the vets today, being spayed and having her staples removed from her nose. She was originally booked in for friday, but the vet wanted to leave the staples a little bit longer. Am worrying like crazy already! I packed her a little lunchbox with lots of yummy hay, veg, apple and a strawberry, and am going to my friends garden before I pick her up to raid her rose bush and pick some dandelions too :)
Any info I should know about after spay care? When Gizmo was neutered a few years ago, he came home from the vets and acted like nothing had happened! Am aware that a spay is a bigger op tho, so any do's and don'ts would be a huge help :)

If she's an outdoor bun she'll need to come in for a good few days as she won't be able to keep warm outside, as buns can't regulate their temperature after a GA.

Make sure you have lots of whatever she likes the most, herbs, veg etc and make sure she comes home with gut stimulant and pain meds.

I'm sure she'll be fine - try not to worry :)

Hope all goes well for your special girl.:wave: The lunch box is a sign of a very loving bunny mum. :love:

Good luck and lots of vibes to the little one. Sorry if it was in another thread, but what were the staples for? Hope you're okay hun x

Sending tons of vibes for Daisy .... Dizzi's being done tomorrow so I know how you're feeling...... its a looong wait.

Try not to worry though, she's in the best hands.

I've been advised to ask the vet for Metacam to bring home in case she needs any further pain relief post op.

As other have said, she needs to stay indoors for a few days, with plenty of her fave food to hand (the lunch box is a good idea, I did that when Rascal went in for his op), water in a bowl rather than a drinker as its easier for them to manage and lots of tlc.

Hugs to you - and Daisy xx

She's an indoor bun, so no worrys about her getting cold :)
Should I line her litter tray with something soft? Cos hay might be a bit sharp and scratchy on her sore tummy.
I'm gonna reduce her cage space just overnight, to make sure she isn't hopping around like a crazy thing!

This is the story of how the staples occured: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=238862 She looked like a little teddy bear who had been in the wars bless her.

Hiya

Just wondered how Daisy's doing post op??

I put just megazorb in the litter tray when Rascal had his neuter .... its nice and soft and like you say, no scratchy bits.

Jo x

Just keep a close eye on her for any signs of pain - Lola had to go back the next morning for more pain relief.

I had a call from the vets whilst I was at work, apparently the vet supposed to be doing Daisy's op is pregnant so couldnt do it today! I'm really cross, as I specifically booked it for today as I have tomorrow off. They've booked her in for tomorrow, and my OH has had to take time off work friday so he can keep an eye on her during the day time. I can't really understand why the vet being pregnant has anything to do with it!!
Now i've got to go through all this worry all over again tomorrow!!:censored:

Oh no what a nightmare!!!

Well I hope everything goes ok today ...... I'm just back from taking Dizzi in for hers and am now a nervous wreck .... but I saved all my housework chores to do today so I'll try and keep busy doing them.

Sending vibes for Daisy today x

Yet more hassle from the vets, they knocked her out, removed the staples, then found a testicle :shock: Turns out Daisy is a boy! But because I was at work, I couldnt answer my phone, so they haven't neutered him! So now I need to book him in again!

Does that mean it'll be almost impossible to bond him with gizmo? Am really cross, the vets I take them to for their jabs told me under 3 weeks ago he was a she!!!

Oh blimey!! That's a bit of a shocker. :shock: And what a nightmare that he'll have to have another GA for the neuter!!

What will you call him now?

Sorry can't answer your bonding question as have no idea but I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Jo x

Back