• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding suggestions

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
:wave: Currently I have fleece in the bottom of Noah & Charlees "home base." The only problem with this is that it doesn't hold its place - so when they are doing their mad zoomies, it skids all over the place and they scrabble all over the place. Which tends to be very noisy at night when I am trying to sleep :roll:

I need something cheapish (not too expensive) with some sort of gripping on the base so that it doesn't slip. They are toilet trained so doesn't have to be overly absorbent - just comfy. I was thinking about something like bath matts but not too sure. Any suggestions?

Corflute - corrugate plastic that is used for real estate signs. The base of the cage is made out of it. I think it is called correx in the UK.

Rubber backed bath mats are quite good - have used these for ours - washable if need be on low temp. You just need to make sure bun isn't a chewer as rubber could be a risk of impaction.

Perhaps a towel under the fleece would be less slippy also? Vet beds are also quite good at staying in place due to their weight and thickness. We use these under our fleeces. :)

Noah is a chewer. He doesn't chew the fleece though so I might get a rubber backed matt and see if he chews it. Otherwise we will be back to the drawing board.

I dont think towels will help with traction - they would just dig it up. Oo maybe another option could be to put a brick or something in each of the corners.

Rubber backed bath mats are quite good - have used these for ours - washable if need be on low temp. You just need to make sure bun isn't a chewer as rubber could be a risk of impaction.

Perhaps a towel under the fleece would be less slippy also? Vet beds are also quite good at staying in place due to their weight and thickness. We use these under our fleeces. :)

I was going to say vetbed too cos it's quite firm and thick and keeps it's shape. Only thing is I find mine tend to get on vetbed and wee. But that's my lot, they like to wee where they shouldn't. :roll:

Back