• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust Free Hay - Soft or Stalky????

Yeah mine love the stalky so much more than the soft! Depends on the buns of course but if yours are stalky lovers they will probably adore it!

Yeah mine love the stalky so much more than the soft! Depends on the buns of course but if yours are stalky lovers they will probably adore it!

Awesome thank you! How much do you order at a time? I am thinking about getting 2 boxes :?

I get a mix of both - mine love all of it!
I usually buy the bags - 10 at a time.
The dust free stuff is gorgeous at the moment - lovely and lush and smells divine. I love it in the morning when I leave for work, as I top up the hay before I go and have 5 happy hay munching bunnies to look at :love:

I only have the 2 buns at the moment so not sure if 5 bags would be too much! :?

Is it delivered quite quickly?

I've ordered one of each, I reckon mine will prefer the stalky but I'm gonna try both anyway. I ordered mine yesterday and it's due to be delivered tomorrow apparently.

I've ordered one of each, I reckon mine will prefer the stalky but I'm gonna try both anyway. I ordered mine yesterday and it's due to be delivered tomorrow apparently.

Oh BTW I ordered mine quite late on Monday. About 6pm.

i get the 10 bale, 5 of each, it came this morning and i thought it isn't as good quality as usual.. the stalky isn't as stalky and in short bits, and the soft isn't as soft as usual.. i can't really tell them apart :?

still best quality than everything else though, and always delievered really quickly. :)

i get the 10 bale, 5 of each, it came this morning and i thought it isn't as good quality as usual.. the stalky isn't as stalky and in short bits, and the soft isn't as soft as usual.. i can't really tell them apart :?

still best quality than everything else though, and always delievered really quickly. :)

That's a shame. I've never tried it before but Kermit very kindly offered to send me a sample which the buns ate. I'm fortunate, they don't normally turn down hay but I wanted to check before I ordered it. I normally get it for a farm and our last bale has been wonderful, really lovely and the buns love it and their poos are SO golden, the best I've ever seen from them. But it's SO dusty. And I sometimes find bites on me and I wonder if they are bugs coming in from the hay. I've never noticed them until they moved into my room with me. So what I'm going to do is do their litter trays with the farm bale and then put a shallow layer of DFH on top and top it up during the day with the DFH as well.

where do you order it from?

Google 'dust free hay' and you'll find it. Animal Magic also sell the plastic bags of it.

Back