• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit homes

Indie22

Young Bun
Im dreaming here and have been looking at some of those luxury rabbit sheds, fully kitted out and they are great looking, would love to have one. I have my rabbits in the shed, the type the council put in gardens its brick and about 9ft x 5ft. Who else has them in a shed, playhouse type thing. Would love to see pics. I want to move mine about but im very limited how to do it. Id love it more open plan but because I have to get 3 groups/pairs seperate its harder than 2 groups or one huge one.

If no one is answering then you could type in the search for set ups - it might not be exactly what you are looking for but it might be able to give you some ideas :)

I know it can be disheartening when no one answers your thread :)

I've got three groups of bunnies too - a trio in my big shed, a pair in a playhouse/run and a pair in a double hutch/run.

I'd post some photo's but imageshack doesn't seem to want to load for me today :roll:

There are loads of pictures on RU across various boards - try the search box and see what pops up. :)

I had a wee look, i thought there was a thread for showing pics of their setups but it didnt come up can anyone redirect me? if not its not urgent just through utter holiday boredom.

Mine's still a work in progress and it's not split for different groups but since you haven't got any replies here it is :)

outside
shed.jpg

inside
inside.jpg

and just because I <3 it, my door sign :oops:
DSC_0179.jpg

Would it be possible for you to bond in to one or two larger groups? you could give them more space and if you should lose one you won't have a lone bun.

They look great. I have another question for people though. I see some people use, newspaper, lino, carpet etc. I am sick of shavings getting everywhere, I have OCD and spot cleaning them is difficult. Now that they are all (bar 1) neutered they do use their tray for the pee 95% of the time so would they be ok on carpet. Its easy to brush the poo off and I just put extra trays in. Also theres no way I can put their waste in the bin emptied once a fortnight so it gathers until my mums free and well enough to drive it to the dump with me so carpet would cut down loads. Would it smell?

I'd go for lino because it's so easy to sweep and disinfect.
Carpet will inevitably need hoovering at some point and if they're still peeing on it 95% of the time it's going to be a real pain in the bum to clean.

Im dreaming here and have been looking at some of those luxury rabbit sheds, fully kitted out and they are great looking, would love to have one. I have my rabbits in the shed, the type the council put in gardens its brick and about 9ft x 5ft. Who else has them in a shed, playhouse type thing. Would love to see pics. I want to move mine about but im very limited how to do it. Id love it more open plan but because I have to get 3 groups/pairs seperate its harder than 2 groups or one huge one.

:wave: Just curious where abouts have you seen these?? I have a shed for mine would be interested to see pics of luxury ones, might give me ideas! :)

After I posted I had a look in the attic and found some carpet, so have tried it in their bed areas just now. I meant they use their tray 95% of the time to pee in so shouldnt be much on the carpet at all and very little poo as the top is purely a sleeping area. Lets hope. I have covered the only bits they might chew so should be fine. If not, nothing lost.

I was just googling "luxury rabbit hutches" and there was one or two on ebay a while ago.

What's the current floor? Something mop clean with a rug that you can stick in the washing machine might work best. I only use litter in the tray - paper based cat litter tends to spread less than wood shavings.

A brick shed sounds great - I'm sure you could kit it out as nice as the wooden ones and it would be less edible :lol:

If you own and not rent you could put a catflap through to a run (or multiple catflaps to a split run). You can get ones designed to go through walls that have a built in tunnel section.

that ones gorgeous. Yes its an owned property but its an ex council shed. Lets put it this way I had to ask next door when they moved in not to let their kids kick a ball against it because it could fall down. Its been here as long as the house has I think and I can see day light in a couple of places. On the bright side my dad re done the roof 10 years ago and thats probably whats holding it together. I want to redo the window frame and door frame and I can put up with the rest. The best bit about it is that the full door can be locked at night and behind that theres a half door. No runs needed as the whole garden is fully walled so they just get out. The others get moved to their runs. I cant complain really, keeps them, safe, warm and dry with power too.

Back