• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there room for 1 or 2 more....

chelle

Warren Veteran
Heloooo....can you look at my accomadation - see the update of how it will be changed...if you can imagine & tell me....is there room for another bun or two?
If so - would you add 2 boys / 2 girls or just 1 boy or girl...

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=239961

Thanks all!:)
My OH say that Im already worried they dont have enough space...so where will more go?! Tooo true ...so lets see what you all say!:)

What size is the hutch in total? To me, it looks like there'd be room for another bunny as you have good run access. Another run would be excellent too :)

The hutch measure 2mtrs10 lengthways - so they have that to play in at the bottom level cause the 2 hutches are joined. Then 2 seperate bedroom bits upstairs.

The run is 6 X 4 ft.

OH & I have been looking at big tubes to access it down to the garden so once bun-proof there will be supervised free range outside.

We are also moving the hutches to the house - adding another run area poss. of 2/3 metres length by 1metre wide - it a secure garden bit thats already there.

We will also access the hutch with a catflap to inside - so again supervised play in the eveings in side.

:) i know its hard to imagine...but with what we have already...plus abit of extra run space:?

:)ok - so perhaps a trio...though have had suggested 2 buns would make a group of 4 - so then no one gets left out?:(

If you attached the top part of the hutches together like you have on the lower levels and had a larger run (8x6ft say) I think that would be great for a foursome :)

Ok....will have a measure of the extra run area i can add on....and see about joining the top hutches.:)
At the moment they "have dinner" in one top area & sleep in the other....thought perhaps if there were more buns they may not all want to sleep in the one area - by having 2 top areas they could get some of their own space perhaps...:?

My OH sitting here laughing at me.....syaing my girls are gonna now feel jealous! Like we dont have enought love for them all!:D

mmmm.....planningplanning....

Slightly off topic - how long after spaying my 2 girls would I wait before bonding?

Back