• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so heartbroken

mreeyore

Warren Scout
today i had my 5year old holland lop put to sleep. he was called eeyore, he was so loving, funny and kind and had lots ov funny ways about him.when ever you were down he was there to pick u up, wiv a liitle nudge and a lick.i feel so lost wivout him, the house is so empty. just dont know wot to do
:(

today i had my 5year old holland lop put to sleep. he was called eeyore, he was so loving, funny and kind and had lots ov funny ways about him.when ever you were down he was there to pick u up, wiv a liitle nudge and a lick.i feel so lost wivout him, the house is so empty. just dont know wot to do
:(

I'm so so sorry for your loss.:(

Binky free little eeyore. You were obviously a very loved pet and your family will miss you immensely.

If you feel up to it mreeyore, you could post a rememberance thread in the forum 'Rainbow Bridge' which is for all of our bridge bunnies.

If you dont mind me asking, why was he PTS?

Gray

I am so very sorry.
Despite the circumstances...hello and welcome to the forum.
Have you any other bunnies you can lavish your love on????:(

i went away for a week and left him with someone who has looked after him before. this time they fed him too much vegetables and he got the runs. then he got fly strike, we are so careful about eliminating the risk ov flystrike at our house, we used to wash him and always checked him everyday, when we came back, he wasnt himself and i took him to the vet but it was too late. cant believe he has gone and i feel like it my fault for not being there for him when he needed me. if i was he might still be here

i went away for a week and left him with someone who has looked after him before. this time they fed him too much vegetables and he got the runs. then he got fly strike, we are so careful about eliminating the risk ov flystrike at our house, we used to wash him and always checked him everyday, when we came back, he wasnt himself and i took him to the vet but it was too late. cant believe he has gone and i feel like it my fault for not being there for him when he needed me. if i was he might still be here

I'll be the first to say, don't beat yourself up. Unfortunately, buns are so fragile and anything can happen to them.. Things can happen oh so quickly. You did what you could by taking him to the vet as soon as you got back.

Eeyore will be in our prayers tonight.

Welcome to the forum, im so sorry its under such horrible circumstances:cry::cry::cry:

it sounds like you're a wonderful bunny owner, its not ur fault atall that Eeyore got flystrike. Its an auwful, sneaky thing that sometimes u cant avoid despite ur best efforts.

Im sure Eeyore knew how much he was loved and had a wonderful life with you.

Sweet dreams little one xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Like everyone else I'm so sorry to read of your loss. :( From what I've read even the most well-looked after buns can get fly-strike, so you mustn't blame yourself. Hopefully Eeyore has left you with many happy memories that will be a comfort to you in time.

i'm so sorry Eeyore passed away. It's not your fault, these things happen and it's so heartbreaking. Sounds like he was really loved though :love:

I am so very sorry.
Despite the circumstances...hello and welcome to the forum.
Have you any other bunnies you can lavish your love on????:(

Back