• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weird hay

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
I got a fresh bale last week, but its strange hay :? It's not the long wavy stuff that you usually have to separate to fluff up, its kinda straight and short, a bit like Excel Herbage Hay (the one with dandelions and marigolds in)

The buns are eating it fine so no worries there :lol:

My bug bear with it is that you have to use loads to fill the litter tray up as as soon as the buns sit on it, it goes really flat and the wee comes to the top :? With the normal hay, there's usually a bit of spongyness in it, even when they've sat on it

Any one else had weird hay?

tbh i dont know whats normal :oops::oops:

the pure pastures stuff was really soft and nice and its taking some getting used to buying by the animal dreams bale of hay, its far more stalkier and i worry the buns dont like it as much... the stuff we recently got stes moms buns from a farm shop was quite stalky but softer and greener than the stuff i have now :?

whats normal ????

tbh i dont know whats normal :oops::oops:

the pure pastures stuff was really soft and nice and its taking some getting used to buying by the animal dreams bale of hay, its far more stalkier and i worry the buns dont like it as much... the stuff we recently got stes moms buns from a farm shop was quite stalky but softer and greener than the stuff i have now :?

whats normal ????

Dunno :lol:

It's just different from what I'm used to :lol:

I've just finished a bale of last years hay that was rubbish.

Just been today and got a bale of fabulous new hay - lush and green and only £4.

Do you buy bags or bales,and where from?

Just been today and got a bale of fabulous new hay - lush and green and only £4.

More to the point, where did you get yours from, sounds just like what I have been looking for :wave:

Yeah this was my first bale from this years new hay too :D

I get bales from rosebank horse shop in wythall, it's got the life size black model horse outside it :lol: £4 too

I've actually been meaning to ask where you get yours from?

Yeah this was my first bale from this years new hay too :D

I get bales from rosebank horse shop in wythall, it's got the life size black model horse outside it :lol: £4 too

I've actually been meaning to ask where you get yours from?

I get mine from the corn stores in Redditch, just up the road from Hopper.

If you ever want me to pick you up a bale let me know

Back