• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many rabbits in a 8'X6' shed?

Morgana

Warren Scout
If I try to bond my rabbits, then I'm just wondering how many rabbits would be ok in an 8'X6' shed. Would it be big enough for four?

I can't have the run attached, because my dad is going to move the shed to the side of the garage, so there won't be space next to the shed, just a garage on one side and wall on the other. :( But I can put them out into one or two runs on nice days.

Unless . . . I could maybe attach a run to the front, at one side of the door, behind the garage. I'll see how that goes . . . a 7'X4' run attached would be amazing. :)

I am no good at this stuff - but my two small to medium buns (nethie and english x lop) have a 6ft x 8ft area as well as a 6ft x 2ft pen. They are indoor buns btw. Just personally, I would probably only have 2 buns in a 6ft x 8ft shed. The additional pen would help if you can get it to work.

Wait and see what others think though!

I know it makes a lot of difference if I can get the pen attached or not.

If not then we're putting up a mesh door so they can have lots of light and see out, even if it's a horrible day out and they can't go in their run. But wouldn't have the extra space of a run . . .

Oh and btw, they're smallish rabbits, lionheads, three of them are less than 3.5lbs and one is more like 5lbs. :)

I have 5 rabbits in a 10ft x 6ft outhouse/shed with an attached 4ft x 8ft run. They are 3 dutches, 1 nethie and a lop and all seem to be very comfortable with plenty of room to run around and find their own space if they want it.

I would suggest that your set up would accommodate 4 small/medium rabbits just fine and even better if you manage to get some kind of permanent run attached. Good luck

I think an 8x6 shed would be ok for four if you added in some levels. I honestly don't think you need to add much space for each additional rabbit other than in the sleeping area, but others disagree with me there.

I kept 2 small/medium buns and 1 large bun in an 8x6 shed for a few weeks while we got the run sorted and they seemed happy enough, that was without any extra levels.

Thanks. I'll guess I'll just see how many of my rabbits I can bond, and see how it feels with them in the shed.

I might be able to make a couple of extra levels. That's a good idea :) I'm going to have two shelves with guinea pig cages on them, but they'll be quite high, so underneath them I could have extra levels for the rabbits.

If I can't attach the run directly, then maybe I can attach it with some kind of tube! Or make something, like a kind of hallway to the run, I'll try to think of something when the shed's been moved, because it'd be a lot better for them to come in and out when they want, and a lot easier for me, because one of them (the most friendly one ironically) likes to wriggle and nip me when I carry her. :) :roll:

That is, if they'll all make friends :)

Back