• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm getting a boy!! :D

AzuraSunshine

Warren Scout
On Friday I am picking up a black mini rex boy!

He is desexed, microchipped and vaccinated already, and sounds like he will be the perfect husbun for Caprica!

Although i'm not sure if pairing a desexed boy with an undesexed girl will work.. (any tips)

I will be getting Caprica done, but my vet isn't 100% confident that he can do it while she is still so little. But she should be done by the end of the month..

Awww thats great lucky buns. Personally I would wait until your girl is desexed before bonding - you know what us hormonal females can be like!

Yeah, I most likely will leave the bonding till have she is fixed, but that is SO long away! She is only 12 weeks! lol

I ca't wait to get him! He is gonna be my couch bunny<3

I can't wait to pick him up! :D

At 12 weeks she is still young to be hormonal, but not that much; she could start in a month or even less. But it's really early to spay her... the problem is not the risk to her as much that the vet will have problems finding her uterus. I do know about a female lionhead spayed at 4 months old because she was very territorial and all went well though.

Pepper was spayed at 12 weeks though perhaps they only booked her in because they thought she was a boy!

Once she starts causing trouble I will block off the back half of the house and have one of them in there..

I don't want to risk desexing her just yet..

Also, I am picking him up today!! :D

I finally got photos of him!!

SAM_0371.jpg

SAM_0365.jpg

But they are **** cos he wouldn't sit still! :p

And sadly i've already had some problems with him :(

First he bit me!

He doesn't like being picked up. which i guess is ok.. cos i'm happy to just let him do his own thing.. But on the other hand, its making it really hard to check him over and everything..

Then I noticed a small sore on his hock!

His nails need serious trimming!

AND he seems to have Conjunctivitis! :(

I've changed his bedding to polar fleece and cleaned his eye with saline.

Is there anything else I can do for him?

He is going to the vet probably in the next week or so, to get his nails trimmed (cos i am way to scared to do it myself! I can't even do my dog and she doesn't even move! :p)

Back