• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Max V neuter

ASHLiix

Young Bun
I only just got Max last week and ive been thinking about getting him neutered hes 1 years old and hes a lone bun and I can see him being a lone bun for a wee while yet. What are the benefits of neutering? Im not concerned about money factors just reall would like some info? Sorry if people think im being ignorant :oops: xx

Neutering helps with their litter training and means they arn't governed by their hormones so arn't thinking about making babies all the time! I also think it helps their personalities come out but that's only in my experience.

Also rabbits are social animals and really need one of their own kind for company. The easiest bond tends to be male/female which obviously requires some neutering! Bonding in tact animals is very difficult as well.

Oh it helps to get them snipped alright, Rascal is getting snipped in a few weeks.

When Firefly wasn't snipped he'd:

Rape my shoes
pee on people he liked
be sexually frustrated (He'd run around in circles grunting before trying to mount MY HEAD)
and be EXTREMELY territorial.

It's a lot kinder on the bunny to get him snipped, he'll be much more relaxed and less frustrated

I dont think I would attempt to bond 2 entire buns anyway ... He is such a lovable wee man just now and very placid loves cuddles etc and to snooze on the couch:lol: neutering doesnt make them agressive or anything like that does it? I will eventually get another bun just didnt want to because he isnt neutered. I had a bonded pair (still do but they dont live with me) they were both neutered and theyve had to be split because the doe gave the buck a bad "kicking" so to speak ... he ended up needing vet treatment :( Max just seems so happy but I know neutering is a lot better for them health wise x

I dont think I would attempt to bond 2 entire buns anyway ... He is such a lovable wee man just now and very placid loves cuddles etc and to snooze on the couch:lol: neutering doesnt make them agressive or anything like that does it? I will eventually get another bun just didnt want to because he isnt neutered. I had a bonded pair (still do but they dont live with me) they were both neutered and theyve had to be split because the doe gave the buck a bad "kicking" so to speak ... he ended up needing vet treatment :( Max just seems so happy but I know neutering is a lot better for them health wise x

Should do the opposite. :D

Should have worded that the right way I actually meant because he is so good natured it wont make him aggressive or anything?? :oops: xxxx

Neutering will make him even better natured in theory :)

Surprised you lasted up to 1year without him spraying up or humping your feet !

Good on you for looking into it though, its definately worth while and good for you bunster!

Neutering will make him even better natured in theory :)

Surprised you lasted up to 1year without him spraying up or humping your feet !

Good on you for looking into it though, its definately worth while and good for you bunster!

I only got him last week! A woman had emailed me and asked if i would take him as her pregnant dog was trying to kill him :censored: so I had walked in to find 2 new baby bunnies in an indoor cage :censored::censored::censored::censored: so he has been with me for a week now best decision ive ever made! although I am his 4th owner :censored: I love him loads but hes such a sweetheart :love: xxx

Back