• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone ever rebonded unbonded buns

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
After my last post things are not getting any better. I now have 3 unhappy buns in reduced space with reduced garden time.

Oneof the trio has been cut off by the other 2, its so sad and its all my own fault for trying to bond all 5. All the buns have lost fur and got cuts and scratches, mainly through referred aggression. I am so gutted for my babies.

Has anyone ever managed to rebond buns? I am thinking that my only option is to get them taken away and rebonded.

Please please help

I'm rebonding now. Kinda. It's complicated!

I had 2 and 2 then bonded them into a 4, had a small falling out between the girls and had to remove 1 so had 3 and 1 and now we're in the last stages of rebonding and are back to a 4.

Yeah :)
I bonded my 7, and then two kept fighting, so I seperated for a while, and then rebonded, and they couldn't be happier!

Are there any rescue's nearby that could help you? I would imagine it could be done, but, they do need a breather by the sounds of it, your going to have to watch none of them get abcesses etc on the cuts. It must be very upsetting, try to use the next couple of weeks to sort something out so you have hope and give each of them individually cuddles and tlc - shame for all of you. I hope you can sort it. How about a trio and a pair ?

Thanks guys, did you go right back to basics? I am currently swapping their space around as much as I can, I just went out there to lock everything up and change them around a bit again and 2 of them were still trying to get at each other through the wire. I am not even going to attempt putting them in the same space until all injurys are fully healed.

I was just stroking Herbie and noticed that he has what feels like a large scab under his fur. :oops::cry::cry: They were all happy until I started messing around with them. I hate myself

Are there any rescue's nearby that could help you? I would imagine it could be done, but, they do need a breather by the sounds of it, your going to have to watch none of them get abcesses etc on the cuts. It must be very upsetting, try to use the next couple of weeks to sort something out so you have hope and give each of them individually cuddles and tlc - shame for all of you. I hope you can sort it. How about a trio and a pair ?

Yes, thats what I had in the begining and they were happy, its just that when I gave one set garden time the others would be watching and looking really sad, I thought that if I could bond them all they could have so much space and so much more garden time. I did it for the right reasons. Thanks for your support Vicki

Thanks guys, did you go right back to basics?

More or less.

I started again in a small, neutral space. I didn't swap stuff cos I find that too much of a faff tbh. I'd rather start afresh. I watched them all the time for a few days and took them for a few car rides in their carrier.

My 3 remembered my 1 though and didn't kick off at all. It was my 1 who was quite nervous and it was more getting her used to the other 3 than the 3 to the 1. If you see what I mean.

Sometimes you are just trying to do whats best and it goes wrong - its not your fault..

I have had a few bondings - I tried to do my 3 single buns to start with but I wasnt happy (or experienced) so took 1 out - then I took them to get bonded - the pair with 2 singles into 4 which went well for a while but then they started fighting and 1 bun got ill so I had to take her out, I then split into 2 pairs so the lonely girl could have company - and in a few weeks I will be taking the 4 to try again!! :oops: phhhewww
They have had a few months apart so im hoping they will be ok this time - you never know until you try and I would recommend if your not experienced with group bonds to send them to a rescue.

Until you are ready to bond I wouldnt let them close to each other, it will just lead to aggression - I think its fine to bond singles side by side but the minute you have a pair - they can turn on each other if they see or smell another bun..

Good Luck x

Thanks everyone

I am stressing my head off.

Bruce looked so sad and lonely this morning when I went to work, he even let me give him lots of nose rubs

Back