• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Penis injury :-(

Jay-Jay

New Kit
hi all im new on here and under unfortunate cirumstances i have a dutch(gizmo) and a mini lop(pipin) both males they are both caged seperatly and i have never had a problem with them fighting but tonight i stepped out the room only to walk back in to pipin humping gizmos face then i can only assume gizmo bit him cause pipins legs pointed upwards i checked pipin looks like gizmo has nipped him on the end of his penis now im worried about what to do until i can get the time off work to get him to a vet(im a mechanic) is there anything i can do just to help him till i get to the vets :(:(:(

I'd take him to the vets as soon as possible just so they can check the damage. If its a bad bite it could affect him when going for a wee so it really needs to be seen too. It is probably best to them seperate them and get them neutred before they start fighting due to hormones etc

just had a fairly long convo with the vet he has had a wee and seems happy enough theyve told me to bring him in tomorrow ive cleaned the wound and made sure his cage is clean so ill keep tabs on him tonight and get him to the vets tomorrow ive got a very early appointment ill let you all know what happens thank you for your help

this happened to one of my buns, they really should learn which end to hump :roll::roll:

but now seriously, keep checking for swelling, my buns swelled up quite a bit, and try to keep it clean, and make sure he is still weeing, if you know where he wee's each time he does a wee, clean that bit out so you can keep checking if he was wee'd again, has you vet gave you any painkillers or antibiotics ?

just had a fairly long convo with the vet he has had a wee and seems happy enough theyve told me to bring him in tomorrow ive cleaned the wound and made sure his cage is clean so ill keep tabs on him tonight and get him to the vets tomorrow ive got a very early appointment ill let you all know what happens thank you for your help

Thats good that he has wee'd happily, hopefully its only little and he won't be too disturbed by it. Hope tomorrow goes ok at the vets :)

update

took him to vets he had just badly bruised it vet gave him an anti inflamatry to relive any swelling he's being his normal dopey self :):)

thanks all for you help

took him to vets he had just badly bruised it vet gave him an anti inflamatry to relive any swelling he's being his normal dopey self :):)

thanks all for you help

Glad to hear its not anything too serious :) maybe he might hump the right end next time ;)

Back