• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lapizole 100ml Wormer for Rabbits

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Has anyone used this?

Also what needle would I use to syringe this in to a piece of apple or carrot?

Last edited:
Hi there Im using that at the moment.

Not sure if it would inject into a veg, never thought of that!

the first few days Bugsy didnt mind just taking it, but then he refused and I had to do the bunny burrito to give it him, and now he squirms out of the burrito and the only way I can give it to him is by feeding him a pellet at the same time and squirting his dosage bit by bit at the same time as the pellet.

Hi there Im using that at the moment.

Not sure if it would inject into a veg, never thought of that!

the first few days Bugsy didnt mind just taking it, but then he refused and I had to do the bunny burrito to give it him, and now he squirms out of the burrito and the only way I can give it to him is by feeding him a pellet at the same time and squirting his dosage bit by bit at the same time as the pellet.

:lol: They do make it most difficult for us dont they! :roll:
Is it liquid form? Runny enough to be sucked in to a needle do you think?

Thankyou, I have ordered it through the vets and they are going to provide needles so we can inject it in to food.

I used this a few months ago and I just squirted it over the bunnies dinner each evening, fed separately, and neither seemed to notice, everything was always eaten. I had OH to help me feed them separately and stop them from pinching each others dinner.

Please let me know if your bunny gets tummy ache or rumbling tummy,

Bugsy has not been 100% the whole time hes been on Lapizole, tummy ache etc, got some meds for it but never made any difference. Hes finishing his 28 days on fri thank god! Then im going to see if he gets better.

Hes still running, eating, pooing etc but seems to be some pain when his tummy rumbles, he squints his face up and grinds his teeth but i really suspect the medicine is the cause.:(

Oh dear! :shock: I will mention this to the vets when I go to collect it tomorrow, thankyou for the warning and I will be on the look out!
I do hope your bun feels better soon, have you taken him to the vets to rule out anything else?

Not yet as I was eaiting to see if it was the meds. Hes still running around etc and scoffing hay like anything so I will take him if he goes quiet.x

My boy Sweep went down hill rapidly after 28 day Lapizole, he abruptly stopped all his usual activities, and was PTS on 24/08/10
I wish I never gave it to him now as I believe this was a major contribution to me losing him.

My boy Sweep went down hill rapidly after 28 day Lapizole, he abruptly stopped all his usual activities, and was PTS on 24/08/10
I wish I never gave it to him now as I believe this was a major contribution to me losing him.

Oh my God that is awful! I am so sorry for your loss!
We have managed to get her to eat the Panacur with a treat now so will get rid of the Lapizol.

Back