• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 out ..2 in..and another on way

I wonder if it is due to the economy? I NEVER would have considered contacting a rescue but since my husband lost his job I can see why people get desperate.

It is pretty terrifying when you go from good salaries (I lost my job a few months back too) to nothing and have a mortgage, bills, four children and then all these pets needing attention. I have never felt so desperate as recently worrying about what to do with all our bunnies. And the reason I struggle to call sanctuaries is the fear they willl think badly of me when the reality is I adore each and every one of our buns.

But I have had to prioritise my children so although we have good accommodation for our rabbits and can feed them fine, I've not been able to vaccinate the babies yet - 4 x rabbit vaccines is too much.

Not saying you are judgmental by the way, I am sure what you do is amazing, lucky bunnies to have you, just pondering the impact people losing jobs, freezing salaries, losing tax credits might have...

Back