• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will it be a disaster??

alio71

Mama Doe
Ok, I have been stupid enough to look on a freead site. Mistake I know. I have seen a 6 month old bun free to a good home as he is fighting with his cage mate, a girl :shock::roll: He is free because he has lost fur due to the fighting, his owner says he has to go because the hutch is too small now they are territorial and at that age. I have a bonded group of 6 living in the shed. I wasn't looking for anymore buns but I can't get his little face out of my head :roll: :cry:Now I have a spare hutch for him, am fully aware he will need neutering and vaccinating as are my others. I was thinking of trying to bond him in with the crowd when that's done and if it doesn't work out finding him a wife of his own.

Am I being stupid and should I just forget about him? My OH will not be best pleased I know that. Opinions please :D

Follow your heart. You can't stop thinking about the little guy, but how mad will your OH be? Will it upset things between you? Is it worth it?

Then just go and get the bunny, you know you want to!

But on a serious note, do you have the time money and resources and would it upset your crowd? Sleep on it. :)

Thanks, OH is very patient and lovely as far as my animals are concerned, he would get over it :lol::lol: One more to my list wouldn't matter. If he bonded all well and good, just need to think through the options of him not fitting in really as thats 2 more mouths to feed. Hmm, you're right best sleep on it. :D

Could rehoming him be an option? At least then you'd know he was in a good place.

Yes, rehoming him is an option. I think I will kind of choose what to do next based on OH's reaction. Wish me luck. :lol:

Found myself in a similar situation recently -
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=230764
I've had the wee bun desexed, vaccinated & microchipped.
Decided to try bonding him with my bigger pair & so far so good (2 weeks in).
Although you have more buns than me I'd say get the bunny & get him sorted & healthy then make a decision.
At least he'll be safe & well cared for in the long term no matter how things play out then.
Good luck with the OH :)

Thanks, he may be happier with the idea of me rehoming. I am capable of doing that :lol: I always feel sorry for buns and pigs free to good homes but sometimes the description really worries me and I struggle to ignore it. I had 4 piggys from there a while back and he was ok about that. Well lets face it he knew what he was getting himself into too late to back out now :lol::lol:

Back