• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Teeth problems maybe? HELP

Rose

Mama Doe
I noticed this morning when i went out to feed her that Molly's eye was a bit weepy and just went to check on her and her mouth was kinda shaking from side to side if that makes sense.

She wont let me look in her mouth as she is very tempermentle bunny anyway.

Any ideas?

Sounds like it could be teeth. Is she eating? Probably best to get her to the vets to give her a check.

You probably want to take her to the vet to have them look her over to make sure everything is okay.

If you are able to get a look at her teeth then it might give you a bit more of an idea of whats going on. Taking her to the vet would probably be the best thing for her.

If her eyes are becoming sore where she is weeping then you may want to start bathing it. Sawdust can sometimes irritate the eye the so if she is eating normally etc then it could be a possible cause?

Hope all goes well

Back