• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you help sex my baby bunnies?

serendipity

Warren Scout
seeing as I keep getting them wrong! They were born on 17th may and are coming up for 12 weeks. I need to know their sexes as struggling to rehome...

I don't know how to attach the images though?

I'm going to take a stab, just from reading other posts...

Left one looks like a doe and right one looks like a buck.

Experts, set me straight if im wrong though please!

Hi, have you had a look a the thread Sexing Buns? I think you may find that helpful but I think there is no substitute for experience and would suggest you take them to a rabbit experienced vet (sometimes the nurses are good at this sort of thing) or perhaps a nearby rescue would help you out.

Also at 12 weeks I'd be looking for the boys to be developing so a good rummage around in that fur may be quite revealing!

From the right...boy, girl, boy, girl

I'd get them checked by a vet though, as sometimes when you don't push it out enough, some boys look like they have a slit.

I'm pretty sure about them, other than Elfie. I'm positive about Flapjack and Ebony being a boy, and caramel being a girl

Thank you, flapjack I am certain is a boy also, and caramel a girl. I currently have caramel and elfie with mum as I though elfie was a girl also - she was the runt though and is a fair bit smaller than the other. I have flapjack and ebony together as I was pretty sure ebony was a boy so we're thinking on the same lines!

Thank you, flapjack I am certain is a boy also, and caramel a girl. I currently have caramel and elfie with mum as I though elfie was a girl also - she was the runt though and is a fair bit smaller than the other. I have flapjack and ebony together as I was pretty sure ebony was a boy so we're thinking on the same lines!

:D Have another look at Elfie. If it's a slit when fully out then she's a girl. I don't want to say for sure, as sometimes boys willies look slitlike before the lipstick pops out.

i am finding it very hard from the pictures. I will make a guess but that is all it is, I really think you should take them to a vet knowalgeable in rabbits and get them sexed there, you can also get thier vaccines done at the same time.

ok, so, from the pictures..

Elfie, could be a boy (he looks alot younger than the other boy, or it could be that hes bit wasent out properly)

Ebony, i think is more likely a girl

Caramel, pretty sure a girl

Flapjack, deffo a boy

I think boy, girl, girl, and the last one is without a doubt a boy!
Sometimes boys masquerade as girls so do a double check to be on the safe side.

Girl, boy, girl, boy.
I'm not 100% sure as I haven't seen them in person.
I sexed all my 6 baby bunnies correctly, and I sexed 2 of them (a litter of 2 at 1 week old)

i am finding it very hard from the pictures. I will make a guess but that is all it is, I really think you should take them to a vet knowalgeable in rabbits and get them sexed there, you can also get thier vaccines done at the same time.

ok, so, from the pictures..

Elfie, could be a boy (he looks alot younger than the other boy, or it could be that hes bit wasent out properly)

Ebony, i think is more likely a girl

Caramel, pretty sure a girl

Flapjack, deffo a boy

Ebony has a definite willy tube. :?

Thank you, very conflicting ideas here! I can't afford the vet as my husband and I both lost jobs so they won't be visiting vets for 6 weeks when my husband receives his first pay check from his new job.

I thought Caramel was a girl, am 100% Flapjack is a boy, thought Ebony was a boy too and thought Elfie girl but it seems Ebony and Elfie are the two causing divided opinions!

Ebony has a definite willy tube. :?

from the picture it looks like a triangle and the slit is facing the left. (so a girl)
If it was a boy there would be a circle opening and it would be at the top, facing us.

as said, pictures arent easy, and it is hard to explain.
I am used to sexing buns

Last edited:
Thank you, very conflicting ideas here! I can't afford the vet as my husband and I both lost jobs so they won't be visiting vets for 6 weeks when my husband receives his first pay check from his new job.

I thought Caramel was a girl, am 100% Flapjack is a boy, thought Ebony was a boy too and thought Elfie girl but it seems Ebony and Elfie are the two causing divided opinions!

In that case you need to seperate all rabbits into different cages.
if you take some more pictures of these 2 a different angles it may be easier. Even then, i would still want a vet to do it properly

Well yes, but I don't have 4 spare hutches sitting around sadly so am trying to be as responsible as possible and seperate accordingly but am well aware I could get it wrong. That's why I was canvassing opinion really, I wouldn't hold anyone to it lol.

The problem is, that even if you separate them into same sex groups, they'll start fighting before you can get them neutered. The boys can be done in 2 weeks time. If they're not neutered then they could do some serious damage to each other.

Is there any way you could at least separate the boys (As they're more likely to fight first)

Back