• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Mr B...

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Mr B is having his seasonal moult and I really feel for the little guy. As happened last time his fur has matted right onto the skin and is leaving bald patches where it falls out.

We have just spent an hour cutting out as many of the matts as we can but because its so close to his skin its a nightmare. He hates being handled and was shaking all the way through. I really feel for him but if we dont cut some of the matts away they pull on his skin and make it sore.

We have taken all the length off his hair and I cant believe how small he is without it!

Before...
DSCF1037.jpg

After...
utf-8BSU1HMDA5NDgtMjAxMDA4MDgtMjEyMC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA5NDctMjAxMDA4MDgtMjEyMC5qcGc.jpg

Poor little man! :(

He's such a lucky boy, having you to do this. ...I can imagine how he'd be if he had a less caring mummy! :roll:

He's gorgeous! :love:

awwww he dont look impressed :(:(

must be pretty painful, what a rubbish design for a bunny :cry::cry::cry:

he still looks cute even after the barber has been at him tho :love::love::love:

Poor little man! :(

He's such a lucky boy, having you to do this. ...I can imagine how he'd be if he had a less caring mummy! :roll:

He's gorgeous! :love:

He doesnt look at all matted in the first picture but if you run your hands over him all you feel is massive bumps.

He has lost over 0.4kg of weight by cutting back his fur. It looks a mess but will be much more comfortable for him. I just hope it hurrys up and falls out so that he isnt uncomfortable for too long.

Goodness, what a transformation.:love: He is really quite a little bunny in the 'after' picture. How long does the moulting season usually last? My bunny hasn't moulted this year, but he is still under a year. :wave:

Goodness, what a transformation.:love: He is really quite a little bunny in the 'after' picture. How long does the moulting season usually last? My bunny hasn't moulted this year, but he is still under a year. :wave:

Mr B is a cashmere and he has 2 major moults a year. Here is a piccie of his last moult...

DSCF0573.jpg

DSCF0574.jpg

DSCF0574.jpg

His new fur comes through brown and then fades to cream as it gets longer.

He is still a cutie! I don't know what it is with moulting this year, Inky has had it really tough this time and is only just starting to look better.

He is a stunning boy :love:, but must be hard work. You could almost get a calendar out of all his different looks! Thanks for answering my newbie questions.:wave:

Back